Author Topic: John Edward DEWSBURY  (Read 1987 times)

Offline ke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Rogers Motto "nos nostraque deo"
    • View Profile
John Edward DEWSBURY
« on: Sunday 06 August 06 13:27 BST (UK) »
hi all,
im trying to find out info on John Edward Dewsbury, he was attending a wedding of my greatgrandfather, and im trying to figure out if he was the husband of my great great aunt?. lol something like that! ive done a marriage certificate lookup on my g-g aunt and it says she married a Dewsbury, im just wondering if its this fella or if its his brother or sommint! my g-g aunt was called Ellen Rogers, she was born in 1881 in downham cambs.

havent got a clue when John Edward Dewsbury was born though, im assuming around the same sort of decade. seem to be a lot of dewsbury's in little thetford, i actually grew up there oddly enough!

a lot of assumptions i know!, any help would be great,

thanks

ke
Rogers,Arnett, Day,Wilkin, Gill, Leach, Harper, Dewsbury, Johnson, Thompson. (All from Cambridgeshire).

Y DNA: R1b DF27(Iberian Celtic)

Offline Necromancer

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I've updated my profile ......
    • View Profile
Re: John Edward Dewsbury
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 06 August 06 13:31 BST (UK) »
ive done a marriage certificate lookup on my g-g aunt and it says she married a Dewsbury, im just wondering if its this fella or if its his brother or sommint! my g-g aunt was called Ellen Rogers, she was born in 1881 in downham cambs.

If Ellen married 4Q 1898 in Ely, one of the grooms possible was a Herbert Dewsbury ...
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline ke

• RootsChat Extra
  • Rogers Motto "nos nostraque deo"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 06 August 06 13:35 BST (UK) »
cool thanks, will have to see if i can find them on a census look up, maybe John was just a friend of the family attending the wedding. his brother perhaps :)

thanks for your help

ke
Rogers,Arnett, Day,Wilkin, Gill, Leach, Harper, Dewsbury, Johnson, Thompson. (All from Cambridgeshire).

Y DNA: R1b DF27(Iberian Celtic)

Offline Frances

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Henry & Alexandra Burr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 06 August 06 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Have you looked at this site from the CFHS, it has many transcriptions for Cambridgeshire

http://www.cfhs.org.uk/Search.html

Kind Regards,

Frances :)

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

-------------------------------------------------- 
Hope/Buckinghamshire    Palmer Cambridge
Hope/Camberwell            Palmer Essex  
Bolton/Camberwell           Emery Potton Bedfordshire
DeBoo/ Poplar/Anywhere           
Oliver /Chatteris, Cambs.   
Redkison/ Anywhere          
Carter Bedfordshire
Bernard/Stepney
Lawrence/Colchester Essex 
Carter/ Leytonstone
Bones/ Essex
Tullett/ Surrey/Essex

Offline AndrewMartin

• RootsChat Member
  • Tweet me: www.twitter.com/familytreeuk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 30 August 06 16:09 BST (UK) »
hello ke,

The Dewsbury family are part of my family tree and i've got some info about them on my website at http://www.familytreeuk.co.uk/dewsbury/.

Ive attached my PDF written tree that is a working document and contains all of the Dewsburys that i am satisfied are linked to me. There's a John Edward Dewsbury bpt in 1878 at Little Thetford... perhaps this is the one you're after?

Andrew Martin
Cambridgeshire, England.
https://www.familytreeuk.co.uk
https://familyhistoriespodcast.com

Researching: BABBIDGE, BAILEY, BARBER, BARKER, BISHOP, BOULTER, BOWERS, BRIGHTWELL, BURNELL, CLARKE, COOPER, CROSS, DEWEY, DEWSBURY, FLOWER, FREEMAN, GAWTHROP, GIDDINGS, GIGNER, GILBERT, GILLIONS, GOLTRIP, GOTHARD, HARRISON, HAWKINS, IRONS, JEFFERY, LEVITT, MARTIN, MODEN, NEWMAN, NEWELL, ONG, TALL, TAYLOR, TINGEY, WHITEHEAD, YARROW.