Author Topic: curtis/cuttler lookup ashby de la zouch  (Read 612 times)

Offline chris64

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
curtis/cuttler lookup ashby de la zouch
« on: Sunday 06 August 06 21:42 BST (UK) »
it appears that the elizabeth curtis ive been looking for (see previous ads) may have been registered as cuttler and that the family were known as that name till around the 1860,s when it became curtis and there was a elizabeth cuttler registered in ashby in 1847. the mother to this elizabeth remarried after her husband joseph died to a man called thomas redfern in 1855 what i would like to know is if on the marriage registers for ashby does it say elizabeth cuttler widow or elizabeth curtis widow that wed thomas redfern i would like to confirm once and for all if this cuttler family is actually my curtis family so if anyone has access to the marriage registers for ashby de la zouch could you please look this marrige up for me please and the baptisims of the children of elizabeth and joseph cuttler/curtis they were henry 1844 and elizabeth 1847 all the other children were born at manchester.many thanks...chris
kirk selston and greasleynotts. allen selston notts.scothern selston notts. adkins pentrich derby. wall riddings derby. aird manchester and skipton yorks. thornley newhall and stanton derby.chamberlain newhall and stanton smith newhall and stanton. hart moira leic and newhall derby. curtis ashby de la zouch.  charles normanton on soar notts. pebberdy normanton on soar. pepper gotham notts.

Online CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: curtis/cuttler lookup ashby de la zouch
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 10 August 06 23:35 BST (UK) »
Hi

You can now search the full GRO index yourself free of charge at
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx  Choose “Complete BMD Index Ranges & Images 1837-1983
The partial index (freebmd) can also be searched on the same website or at http://freebmd.rootsweb.com

Copy certificates can be obtained online at www.gro.gov.uk
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)