Author Topic: Clyde & Emily Knoble  (Read 1183 times)

Offline stockwellkid

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Clyde & Emily Knoble
« on: Sunday 13 August 06 13:15 BST (UK) »
Hi,
This may be an extreme longshot? But I am looking for any connections to Clyde and Emily Noble of bloomington, Illinois. I know Emily passed away 5th March 1963 and Clyde had predeceased her.

But they had a number of relatives in America. Of which the following are. Cladys Jehu Niece, Cecil Wilhoit niece? Helen Fry Lowry niece, Hattie Stone Clyde's sister and Lillie Watson and Harry Noble Brother of Clyde.

Thank you

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Clyde & Emily Knoble
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 August 06 03:51 BST (UK) »
Hi

Have you looked at this site:
http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/departments/archives/idphdeathindex.html

There is a Clyde NOBLE listed.

Are you after any Census' up to 1930?

Cheers
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline stockwellkid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 14 August 06 10:33 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Thank you for that site. The one I am getting does not look like the one. But, I will keep trying. He and his wide were in the circus business in the early part of the 20th cent.

Clyde was a catcher? In the Flying Fishers trapeze act. and Emily was a trickcylist in the Ladies Kauffman troupe.

Bloomington/Normal was a major circus town winter quarters many moons ago.

Thank You

Offline AMBLY

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 14 August 06 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi

Oh, I see now, the one on the database is way to young!  :P

Have you seen this site:
http://www.circushistory.org/History/Bios.htm
This puts Clyde still living in 1950. What a facinating couple to have in your tree  ;D

I also see them in the 1920 Census in Bloomington -  you didn't say, if you need any Census or not?   It says Emily emigrated 1905; perhaps there are names on the ship manifest of the people she came to, who may be connections for you to follow?  Have you found passenger list for her initially coming into the US earlier than 1908......as

.......This site shows entry for Emily coming into US must be just before they married in 1908.
http://www.immigrantships.net/v3/1900v3/lucania19081107.html

Cheers  ;D
AMBLY
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Now that we're all here, I'm not sure if we're all there...."

Entre los individuos, como entre las naciones, el respeto al derecho ajeno es la paz
 Among individuals, as among nations, respect for the rights of others is peace
    ~Benito Juarez (1806-1872)

Offline stockwellkid

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 14 August 06 20:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Ambly, thank you very much for those two sites. In fact the whole family was involved in some why with showbizzes.

Margarita Married H.J.Hughes in 1913 and set up their own act. And my late father was born at Clyde's and Emily's house in Bloomington. My fathers side of the act was called The Clyclonics which was like playing football [soccer] on bikes. the other act was a knockaround act.

My father for what ever reason. Held on to the information. so when he passed away I found his old photobooks and began to trace some of the history.

One thing I couldn't figure out was Clyde Noble was playing in London in 1958? And I thought gee an active fellow. Until I came across on of my fathers stage photos. and realized he was using his uncles name for a stage name.

The original family act had come to an end thanks to TV. So it was his last shot on the stage.

Thank you very much for your help.