Author Topic: ireland to england  (Read 2212 times)

Offline alanvale

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
ireland to england
« on: Thursday 04 November 04 01:06 GMT (UK) »
ellen geehan married a mcdonald moved to england late 1800s dont know if they where married before they moved here..or if mcdonald was here already here..got ellen mcdonald on 1901 census in stoke on trent husband not present but does not say ellen is a widow or divorced...i'm stuck please help
nixon-stoke-on-trent..wndsor-newchapel..faulkner-stoke..smith-stoke..mcdonald/geehan-stoke/ireland..brindley-stoke..singleton-stoke

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: ireland to england
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 15 May 07 22:56 BST (UK) »
ellen geehan married a mcdonald moved to england late 1800s dont know if they where married before they moved here..or if mcdonald was here already here..got ellen mcdonald on 1901 census in stoke on trent husband not present but does not say ellen is a widow or divorced...i'm stuck please help

Hi Alan,

I couldn't understand why there was no reply here.

These Ireland to England queries keep appearing. Re: ireland to england

I've had a look at Irish Ancestors Surname Search. The surnames Geehan and McDonald appeared in the same Irish parishes between 1848 to 1864 ... The list on the left below shows counties where both Geehan and McDonald households are recorded as being in the same parish in the Primary Valuation property survey of 1848-64 ... Antrim, Carlow, Laois and Monaghan.

Chris