Author Topic: GABB FAMILY  (Read 1849 times)

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
GABB FAMILY
« on: Wednesday 06 September 06 06:52 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for ancestors of Gabb family in Gloucestershire.  My GGG Grandfather was John Gabb born around 1808, his wife was Hester Walkley and they were married 15 Oct 1826 in Kings Stanley, Gloucestershire, his father was William Gabb, his mother was listed on his death certificate as "unknown".  John & Hester emmigrated to Sydney Australia around 1838 with their three children William, Charles and Emma.

There is a Gabb family listed on www.familysearch.org with a father William and mother Nancy Hill and brothers and sisters were Thomas Gabb b1791, Sarah Gabb b1793, Mary Gabb b 1796 & Richard Gabb b 1799, although it says that this particular John Gabb was born 1803 instead of 1808 but could be a data entry error?  Some cousins think this is the correct family for John Gabb.

If you have any information on this family I would really appreciate it.  Thanks.

Offline AmandaP

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: GABB FAMILY
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 02:31 BST (UK) »
Could anyone please tell me if they know of any children of William Gabb and Sarah Alder who were married in Kings Stanley on 22 June 1801?  I think they might me possible candidates for John Gabb's parents rather than the previous mentioned.

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: GABB FAMILY
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 April 08 17:51 BST (UK) »
Since you posted your original request I have found that I have Gabbs (1758 Stonehouse) in my family so naturally, when I was going through back dates, I was interested in your William Gabb X Sarah Alder m. 1801 in Kings Stanley.

From my transcription of K.S.baptisms given in the 1801 BT's comes:-

"Nov.15 Will'm Son of Will'm & Sarah Gabb"

There are no more baptisms in my records so I checked the K.S. burial records I have.  There were no Gabb burials between 1801 and 1812 but I think there may have been some missing years in the BT's.

Regards

Chas

My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE