Author Topic: Any Resorce Budden  (Read 4981 times)

Offline sinic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Any Resorce Budden
« on: Friday 08 September 06 07:35 BST (UK) »
 ???

Hi
I am so hoping that someone maybe able to help me out with my little brick wall. I am tracing the Budden family.

The information I have so far is all from the census's.
In the 1841 census I have

Luke Budden born in England abt 1811
Elizabeth (wife) born Alderney (I don"t know Maiden name)
George born 1835 England
William born 1837 England
Henry born 1839 Channel Islands

In the 1851 census
Luke Budden age 44
Martha (wife) 2nd wife, age 26 born Alderney (I don't know maiden name.)
George born 1835 Eng
William born 1837 Eng
Henry   born 1848 Alderney
Emma Ann born 1849 Alderney
Alfred born 1850

I have been able to follow through on Henry Emma and Alfred with the census.

If anybody could help me with any information at all on this family it would be greatly appreciated.

My email address is email address removed to prevent spam and other abuses, please use the PM system to exchange personal information

Thanking you all in advance.
Cheers
Sue

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Any Resorce Budden
« Reply #1 on: Monday 14 July 14 23:56 BST (UK) »
hi,,realise this is an old post,,,and you haven't been on in a while,,,,just wondered if you made any progress,,as I am also researching this line for a friend?  cheers
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline sinic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 00:38 BST (UK) »
Hi There, I am still researching the line. It appears that the Budden line were quite famous smugglers. I have not gotten to much further really. It becomes terribly confusing with the marriages and the step children.
I am looking at John Budden m. Annie Varey, John was an army drummer, they had three children one was Martha, Martha just disappeared, her daughter Lily grew up here in Australia and we are her descendents. I cannot find any trace of Martha after the 1911 census.
Sorry I am not much help.
Regards
Sue
Australia

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:00 BST (UK) »
hi,,,yes  I have Johns army record,,,,i think Martha married James Fitzgerald in 1910 in Manchester.
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:04 BST (UK) »
the only death I could find was a Martha Fitzgerald in 1980   registered in Greenwich,,London.

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:09 BST (UK) »
there is a marriage in Dorset for Luke Budden to Elizabeth Small in 1833

Offline sinic

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:22 BST (UK) »
She would have been quite elderly, her husband James Fitzgerald took up with another woman and had a child by her in 1919 so Martha disappeared between 1911 and 1919. It is possible she lived til 1980. There was a hint of mental instability as far as Martha is concerned. Are you in England? Is there a way to search institutions for information there?

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:27 BST (UK) »
yes,,im in England. Don't think theres a way to search institutions,,,not that I know of. You could order the death cert and see where that Martha died? 

re  Lukes marriage to Elizabeth,,,,it was in great Canford

this I think is their son Georges christening

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/N644-LT5

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 02:36 BST (UK) »
im pretty sure Henry John Buddens father is Luke,,,,however on his marriage it states his father is Henry?

Henry Budden age 30, Drummer of King's Liverpool Regiment, Bachelor, Barracks Bradford married  Annie Varey age 23 Spinster, 1 Hartis Street on 24 Dec 1881 St James, Broughton, Lancashire
Henry's father was Henry Budden, (deceased), Driver
Annie's father was William Varey, Labourer
Witnesses: William Ainscow; Rebecca Castledine