Author Topic: graveyard visit  (Read 2087 times)

Offline stephen7

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
graveyard visit
« on: Wednesday 13 September 06 10:55 BST (UK) »
hi all,
off to visit graveyards in southsea ( wrexham) this afternoon. i know it's short notice ( don't know what i have been thinking of)   ???  but if anyone wants me to check anything while i am there, get in touch...but you'll have to be quick
steve
watson,smith,(cambridge)cadle,(gloucester)hutton,utton, phenix,(norfolk)tarleton,paterson,sommerville,stephenson ( lanarkshire) ,walker, lewis, mordecai,sparks,(glamorgan),bolitho. (cornwall)

Offline Peterej

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: graveyard visit
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 13 September 06 14:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I've probably just missed you but just to point out a graveyard in Southsea that used to belong to a chapel now demolished. Not sure if it used now. It is just off the Wrexham to Brymbo road by a turning to Coedpoeth.
Just in case you miss it.

cheers

Peter
Jones, Edwards, Davies, Owen, Benjamin , Hughes , Roberts,Thomas,Williams, Wynne , Griffiths, Howells, Rowlands etc etc
plus
Thomas,Trewren,Holmes,Thirlwall,Jones again & again
& more

"This information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline Emmatreb

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: graveyard visit
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 April 24 11:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Steve

I've probably just missed you but just to point out a graveyard in Southsea that used to belong to a chapel now demolished. Not sure if it used now. It is just off the Wrexham to Brymbo road by a turning to Coedpoeth.
Just in case you miss it

cheers

Sorry but you seem to be a little confused about the 'Large' All Saints Church in Southsea.  The church which stood in the churchyard area was demolished due to subsidence around 1973/74?  The school room (which is across the road) was then consecrated to become 'All Saints Church'.  It is still in use....
Peter