Author Topic: MI lookup-Geddes Parrish--Rose and Macintosh  (Read 4644 times)

Offline leslie48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Stalking the Dead--my favorite past-time!
    • View Profile
MI lookup-Geddes Parrish--Rose and Macintosh
« on: Friday 15 September 06 22:15 BST (UK) »
I am researching the family of John Rose and Margaret Macintosh from Nairn.  They were married in 1845 and had two children, Margaret b 1846 (married George Innes) and George b 1849.  I believe that Margaret was John's second wife--first wife was Mary McIntyre.  John and Mary had a son, David born about 1837.

I have John's death record from 1856 in Nairn and it says that he was buried at "Burying Ground Geddes Parrish of Nairn"  His parents were James Rose and Janet Fraser, and he was born in Ardclach.  Margaret died in 1893 age 85, also in Nairn.  Her parents were Alexander Macintosh and Mary Gordon.   

I was wondering if anyone had access to the MI book for this cemetery, and if they would be willing to do a look-up on these folks.

Also if anyone else is researching these families, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Leslie in Florida

Researching:  Auld, Innes, Hay, Robertson and Morrison from Aberdeenshire, Scotland; and Dickinson and Whittaker from Cheshire and Lancashire England

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: MI lookup-Geddes Parrish--Rose and Macintosh
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 October 06 16:29 BST (UK) »
Hi

I have MI's of Geddes Churchyard (very small).  Unfotunately, many of the stones are either illegible or blank.  Ther are a number of Roses but only one may be the one you are looking for .
(Flat stone, turf lifted and replaced) This stone placed .... st ...Marr .....Margaret Rose his spouse ...
Unfortunately this is all the information from the stone, not a lot to go on.  I have checked the other names you mention but nothing.

Irene
MacKay (Harris, Western Isles), Royan, Dunbar, Kelly (mainly Morayshire)

Offline leslie48

• RootsChat Extra
  • Stalking the Dead--my favorite past-time!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 October 06 20:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Irene

Thanks so much for checking for me.  I really appreciate it.  Do you happen to know the address for ordering MI books for England?  I have quite a few books from Scotland, but have never seen any listed for England.

Thanks again for looking.

Leslie
Researching:  Auld, Innes, Hay, Robertson and Morrison from Aberdeenshire, Scotland; and Dickinson and Whittaker from Cheshire and Lancashire England

Offline IAA

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 06 October 06 06:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Leslie

Sorry I don't know where you can buy MI's for England.

Irene
MacKay (Harris, Western Isles), Royan, Dunbar, Kelly (mainly Morayshire)