Author Topic: Moore Family from Manchester 1820's  (Read 2197 times)

Offline Calhun

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Moore Family from Manchester 1820's
« on: Saturday 06 November 04 04:48 GMT (UK) »
I'm looking for Moore's who were from Ireland, (County Down). They probably came to the Throstlenest, Hulme, Ardwick, Stretford area of Manchester about 1820. The ones I know of then went to Nashville, Tennessee about 1851. I can provide additional information such as names, 1 marriage certificate and 1 death certificate registered here during this period. Some of the other surnames associated with them were West, Lowry, Martin and perhaps Angus. I can dig deeper if I get a response. Their occupations were joiners/carpenters, winders, tea salesmen, market gardeners, saddler, cariagemaker and perhaps liquor salesman. These are some of the jobs they held after their arrival in the US. The most prolific being carpentry. They were Methodists and members of the Masonic Order. These Moore's were all related to my John Moore who came to Canada in May 1, 1818. He was from the Holywood - Newtownards area of County Down. He married Sophia Angus. The surname Barr can also be added.

Offline greeneyesgudge

• RootsChat Senior
  • cushty
    • View Profile
Re: Moore Family from Manchester 1820's
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 November 12 04:04 GMT (UK) »
Hello I have Eliza Moore and Winfred Moore living in Manchester born Ireland in 1830 maybey just before .they both married Eliza to William fox and Winfred to Henry horocks .could they b related to your Moore family
goodchild,gray,pitcher,popejoy,page,paul,edmonds,norris quatreman,gutteridge..wycombe birmingham .lazarus john francis india ,garrood,flick essex burnham ,Gudge surry n dorset ,alderton walton on thames an hampshire  kezia stapley frensham surry  ,holcroft bishopsgate manchester,matilda moxham jefferys bermondsey charles coates suffolk n cobham surry,mary white ripley surrey .turner suffolk .Fox n bruckshaw manchester ireland .clegg lancashire and moore ireland ,joseph clegg manchester

Offline Calhun

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: Moore Family from Manchester 1820's
« Reply #2 on: Friday 25 September 20 20:03 BST (UK) »
Probably not as my Moore folks lived there from 1818 to 1850 and the children from this relationship are Augusta, Alexander, Rachael, William, James, Charles, Andrew, Samuel Andrew and Mary Elizabeth Moore.  Parents William Moore, born 1801 in Down, Ireland. Elizabeth Lowery, born 1805, Down but 1841 Census says England. William died in April 29 1849 in Chorlton, Manchester and Elizabeth went on to Nashville, Tenn. along with all the children and their kids. Augusta b about 1824, Alexander b 1826 and then Rachael Moore b 1828 in Coventry, Warwickshire, Eng. Soooo.... it seems that their is a good chance they were all born here?? and perhaps even William Jr. 1829.  I have Rachael married to John Ward on June 3 1853, Manchester at St. Mary's Church. I have Alexander married to Esther West in Ardwick, at ST. Thomas' Church in July 16 1848. I am tossing this out there to see if anyone has knowledge of these folks/Moore's. This entire family went on to Nashville where my 5G grandfather was said to have sent a barrel of salt cod to them every Christmas, 1850 - Civil War times from Amherst, Nova Scotia, Canada. Any information greatly welcomed. Cheers,  from Canada