Author Topic: Do you need help in Athy, Co Kildare  (Read 108833 times)

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Do you need help in Athy, Co Kildare
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 11:17 BST (UK) »
Hi there have sent you some infor on Tankardstown yes it is quite close to me You dont say if your people were Rc or protestant ? there are as far as i am aware no specific cemeterys for Tankardstown only the two RC cemeterys in the town here in Athy St Michaels Old and new , there is also a very old Protestant cemetry called St Johns but have checked and I dont see any Corrigans buried there so I assume you are looking for catholic burials. I have added here a link for information on Ardskull , The Moate which is a very historic area but it is not close to Tankardstown as such it is situated on the Dublin Road way outside the town in the opposite direction http://kildare.ie/SouthKildareHeritageTrail/ardscull.htm hope this helps ? regards Damsel
O'Brien, Dublin, Kavanagh, Dublin, Owens, Dublin and Wales, Gibbs, London and Kent, Hill, London and Cork, Goldfinch, London and Kent, Connelly, Dublin

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 14:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Again PJC I was a bit dissapointed for you yesterday when I discovered that the slab on your ancestors gravestone was so difficult to make out so I made some enquiries this morning and found out that in !997 a project was carried out to cut the graveyard out from the overgrown state it was in and to index and record all of the gravstones by a local group. They produced an excellent booklet on the project which I have managed to get a copy of , and it confirmed  for me that your Molloys were all in plot 10 and 11 marked by one gravestone and slab which I have sent you photos of, and I have also sent you to mail a full inscription for the grave which they managed to make out by pouring of all things shaving foam on it !!! a hint for any would be "Grave Rubbers" so to speak !! anyhows hope this has all helped and good luck with your search form here on in, Regards Damsel
O'Brien, Dublin, Kavanagh, Dublin, Owens, Dublin and Wales, Gibbs, London and Kent, Hill, London and Cork, Goldfinch, London and Kent, Connelly, Dublin

Offline PJC

• RootsChat Extra
  • Genealogy is a Family Failing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday 04 October 06 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Celtic Damsel,

You should go into business! - What a service! Photographs and full inscriptions - amazing.   Many thanks for this really valuable information.

Best Wishes,

PJC
IRELAND Baker Barrington Captain Clarke Copplethwaite Cullinane Cutler Doherty Donnelly Geale Gray Greenham Hegarty Hornidge Jefferes Macbeth McAteer McShane Molloy O'Donovan O'Neill O'Sullivan Star Whiteside

ENGLAND Baker Cobb Colley Crake Emberley Hamworth Hosier Readman Stewart

SCOTLAND Baker Leask

WALES Star

FRANCE Baker Bourdonnaye Caudecoste Compeigne Dreux-Breze Hurault Star
ITALY Capitano
AUSTRALIA Baker Cullinane
CANADA Baker Hosier Fifield
MAURITIUS Barrington
USA Barrington Clarke

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday 04 October 06 09:41 BST (UK) »
well I am currently job hunting maybe I will Tee hee no probs PJC enjoy , Damsel  ;D

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Thursday 05 October 06 14:04 BST (UK) »
Hi Again Rory have managed to get information on the COI that possible would have records for your ancestors burials I will keep you posted in the meantime heres the information I have contacted the Rev Delamere already.

Burtontown is in the civil parish of Moone which is part of the ecclesiastical parish of Timolin. This is now part of a group of parishes based on Narraghmore.The rector is the Revd Isaac Delamere  

Offline Celtic Damsel

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Thursday 05 October 06 14:11 BST (UK) »
Hi John P not forgetting about ya !! calling in to the church in Kill on my way to Dublin tomorrow will keep you posted , regards Damsel

Offline RoryT

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Thursday 05 October 06 18:05 BST (UK) »
Dansel,
Thanks very much for that. Maybe he should look at all possible spellings/misspellings of the name Talbot, Talbott, Turbet, Torbet, etc. As this has happened many times in my searches.

Rory
Talbot (Kildare/Dublin), Peppard (Wicklow/Carlow/Dublin), Gilman(Carrick-on-Suir), Gaffney, Spooner, Kavanagh, Foley (Kerry/Cork), Sullivan (Cork), Torbet (Edinburgh), Hennessey (Carrick-on-Suir)

Offline johnP-bedford

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Thursday 05 October 06 20:53 BST (UK) »
Hi John P not forgetting about ya !! calling in to the church in Kill on my way to Dublin tomorrow will keep you posted , regards Damsel

hi, thats great - thanks a lot- regards John
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Partridge - North Beds; Northants & Peterborough
Bishop - Bedford; Hunts, Hemingford Grey
Allen - Hunts, Hemingford Abbotts
Clement - Croydon
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline jud72

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Saturday 07 October 06 09:04 BST (UK) »
Thanks for the info on Tankardstown, Damsel. I see that there is an old Danish fort there - PERHAPS later generations knew there was some connection with a fort and presumed it to be Ardscull. Will try to see if there are Estate records for the area.