Author Topic: Anyone require photos taken  (Read 19412 times)

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone require photos taken
« Reply #18 on: Monday 25 September 06 17:59 BST (UK) »
Joe  :) :)

last three photos.........the first is a group of flax workers

second a view of the old Ligoniel village

and last but not least a photo of The Mountainview football team taken in 1921

I hope this has given you some insight into the Village of Ligoniel past and present.......i  do hope you enjoy the photos and maybe this will help others who have an interest in the area.

one thing i nearly forgot to mention......re Emerson Mill ......the owner was a John Emerson and he lived in the Glenbank estate which was also on the Ligoniel Road.

if you like we could rename this thread........ photos of Ligoniel past and present or simply Ligoniel so others who have an interest in the area can have a look........let me know what you think...

speak to you soon

best wishes

pentio. :) :)

Offline runningbear

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 25 September 06 21:03 BST (UK) »
my goodness!! what can i say my friend? nothing but a sincere and appreciative thank you, lots and lots of work there my friend, may god lighten your load. thank you
helping wherever possible

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 25 September 06 23:04 BST (UK) »
Joe

your very welcome...... i enjoyed it and learned a lot about Ligoniel that i didn't know before.....

pentio. ;D

Offline Anthony

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday 26 September 06 22:52 BST (UK) »
Hi Pentio. Some great photos, it was every kind of you to do that, keep up the good work Pentio.

This is what Rootschat is all about helping & its working well.

Pentio good luck with the photos may you take many more for the members of Rootschat  ;)

Anthony

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday 27 September 06 01:12 BST (UK) »
Hiya pentio,

Those are great photographs.

I am inclined to agree with you that the thread should be renamed  "Photos of Ligoniel ... Past and Present"

Chris

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Saturday 30 September 06 23:34 BST (UK) »
Pentio you have been such a busy boy!!

I am just wondering what job you do and does your firm/company have any vacancies in my part of the world!!??!! ;D ;D ;D

I have said it before and I will say it again - sarcasm is the lowest form of wit - and I should  know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sooooooooo jealous!!! ;D ;D ;D

I think I am just feeling Kn***erd today as we are in process of moving - took ages (or seemed to) getting to this stage and wish I hadn't bothered now I see the amount of work needed!!!!!

Keep up the good work / ignore me - I am bitter and twisted / and dont forget The Botanic Gardens if you get half a chance!! ;D ;D

Speak soon

saz XX :-*

antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Sunday 01 October 06 13:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Saz :) :)

yes i have been rather busy lately........what sort of job do i have....one with lots of time off lol (i wish) ;D ;D had some flexy time built up and am putting it to good use.

to cut a long story short my sis who got me into all this family research stuff was home last year and we spent some time in Dromore looking for our Graham family connections...........during our time there we met a local man and after talking to him he kindly agreed to do some research on our behalf.......seemed to know all the right places to search.

he found lots of info on our family mostly in the Belfast area.... as you can imagine we were so thrilled that a complete strange gave his time so freely that i decided it would be nice to give a little back......so when i see others especially those who live outside Northern Ireland needing some help i decided to do my best to help out........sometimes i bite off more than i can chew but get there in the end.........i love a challenge.....phew hope that explains it.

moving house one of the most stressful things you can do in your life......but hey you'll get there in the end and it will be worth it......... chill out for a while with a couple of gin and tonic's.

ignore you i wouldn't dream of it ........love your humour ;D ;D ;D even though you are bitter and twisted ;D ;D ;D ;D only joking honest

I was on the way to Botanic Gardens last Monday after the trip to Ligoniel when the heavens opened.....didn't have a coat or brolly with me...when i left home the weather was beautiful.........as its a lovely day today i am going to Botanic Gardens complete with camera to have a look for the fountain......will let you know asap.

and finally if you or Steve need any pics taken don't hesitate to ask

best wishes

pentio. :) :)

Offline saz1401

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 03 October 06 22:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Pentio

Sorry I havn't got back to you before - many thanks for the Botanic Gardens visit for us - it was really kind of you to do that.

I know what you mean about the downpours - we have been having them here too in the last few weeks.

It has always amazed me how kind family tree researchers are. We had a lady went to Belfast from Antrim for us a few years ago and did lots of look ups and I have only recently realised she must have paid to get the information and I didn't even ask or offer to pay!!!

I am such a Grumpy Old Woman!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you are all well ;D

I will get back to packing up ready for our house move - think I'll scrape the paint out of my hair first though!!!!!!!!!! ;D
antrim, donegore, ballycraigy, doagh, ballysavage,  carnmoney, ballyhenry, belfast, mallusk, hydepark names - twigg, gault, robinson, stevenson, todd, kirkpatrick, porter, mayne, topping, McDowell, douglas

Offline pentio

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Thursday 05 October 06 10:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Saz :)

happy to help its a pity i couldn't find anything for you. :(

Family researchers are a helpful friendly lot after all we are searching for the same thing our elusive ancestors...........we are still looking for our gggrandparents the Grahams in Belfast.......the strange thing is we have found all their children on the 1901 census but the mother and father seem to have disappeared. ??? ???

My big sis is coming home in November and we have a busy week planned

I am sure you are not a grumpy old woman.......... maybe grumpy yes old no or is it old yes grumpy no lol ;D ;D ;D............. i think its neither.

Good luck with the house move ......and don't forget to scrape that paint out of your hair ;D ;D

best wishes

pentio.