Author Topic: 1901 Essex (St Andrews) HEAVENS  (Read 1650 times)

Offline Phay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Sandy Stallworthy ... My Mum ... 4.4.46 - 15.1.02
    • View Profile
1901 Essex (St Andrews) HEAVENS
« on: Friday 22 September 06 21:15 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find Stuart James Heavens bd. 1893. (Romford)
I have found his birth entry listed <Dec 1893> Ref 4a 382.

But I cannot find him on the 1901 census.  I know from family that he was raised by another family member other that his own mother and father but on the census the only Stuart Heavens that I can find is 7 months old.  I have looked on ancestry BMD and cannot find this Stuarts entry and now am wondering if this is in fact my Stuart but mistranscribed???

I was wondering if anyone can look at the original documents for me and see if there is any way this could be the case????

The info that I have is:
RG13;  Piece: 1647; folio: 68; page 9

head William Honeybunn 40
wife Caroline Honeybunn 50
dau Emily B Cooper 23

and a couple of boarders

Thank you in advance for your time

Phay
STALLWORTHY, ANASTASIOU, WINFIELD, TAYLOR, OXINIOU, LOUCA, BROWN, SCHAFER, VASILI, HAJIVASILI, OXINOS,

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 1901 Essex (St Andrews) HEAVENS
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 September 06 21:26 BST (UK) »
Hi Phay,

Definitely says 7mo on the original image.  Found the marriage of William to Caroline - will see if I can work back to tie in how they are related...(unless you know this already?  If so, let me know!).

Honeybun, William
Cooper, Caroline Elizabeth
Marriage
Q Sept 1884
West Ham
Essex, Greater London
Vol4a
Pg 133

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 September 06 21:30 BST (UK) »
Hi I have looked at both the census and birth and I feel he was mis transcribed it's too much of a coincidence him not being with parents and the facts you know and both Romford and even the initial J. I should think it's meant to be 7 years not months. I would be quite happy to except that. :)
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 22 September 06 21:34 BST (UK) »
Thanks Emma and Irret,

I don't know how this all ties in with my Stuart James Heavens......
Guess I am looking for inspiration now!!!!!!
STALLWORTHY, ANASTASIOU, WINFIELD, TAYLOR, OXINIOU, LOUCA, BROWN, SCHAFER, VASILI, HAJIVASILI, OXINOS,

Offline Emsworthy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Bert & Ernie...we love you!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 22 September 06 21:42 BST (UK) »
Hi again,

I too would be willing to accept that Stuart is ´the one´.  It´s just that I´m nosy and like to look into people´s histories...and am wondering where the Heavens connection lies... ;D

Blackthorn St, St Leonard Bromley, London

Elizabeth Caroline Cooper, Head, W, 40, House Keeper, Essex Romford
Hannah Elizabeth Cooper, Daughter, 22, Barmaid Unemployed, Mid Bromley
James Robert Cooper, Son, 17, Barman Unemployed, Mid Bromley
Alice Maria Cooper, Daughter, 10, Scholar, Mid Bow
Laura Jane Cooper, Daughter, 9, Scholar, Mid Bow
Emily ?? Cooper, Daughter, 6, Scholar, Mid Bow
Frederick Harriss, Lodger, 20, Labourer out of employment, City Aldgate

RG11/498 F 87 P 27

Regards, Emma ;)
~Census Transcriptions, Crown Copyright, National Archives~<br /><br />All Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br /><br />Warner (Essex) Edgley (Suffolk) Blake & Sparrowhawk (Lambeth) Hall & Gibson (Co. Durham) Brown (Yorkshire)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 22 September 06 22:02 BST (UK) »
Will someone please find the parents of Stuart as I m so tired and want to go to bed and this is really bugging me. Where is this marriage :-[ :'( :-X
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Phay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 22 September 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
And here lies the mistery irret

I was lead to believe that my poor boy Stuart lived, at least for some part with his grandparents,  I am lead to believe that they were Frank & Sarah Heavens (Romford) BUT no one can tell me any thing about the parents???

I am now wondering if poor Stuart was the illigitimate child of a possible daughter of Frank and Sarah?????

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 22 September 06 22:30 BST (UK) »
I must say the thought had crossed my mind. You must order his birth cert but the fathers name may well not be on it. Do keep us posted please :)

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 22 September 06 22:33 BST (UK) »
1891 William Honeybun and Caroline have two stepdaughters with them Alice Marie Cooper and Lorna Jane Cooper so Carolines maiden name may well not be Cooper but in light of new thoughts perhaps we do not need to follow that route I do feel that any sisters would have been too old nothing seems to fit. :-\