Author Topic: 1891 Census: Margaret HUGGINS, Catherine HUGGINS, & Elizabeth GODDARD  (Read 1103 times)

Offline acauston

• I am sorry but my email address is not working at the moment.
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
1891 Census: Margaret HUGGINS, Catherine HUGGINS, & Elizabeth GODDARD
« on: Tuesday 26 September 06 00:09 BST (UK) »
Hello:
Our gr-gr-grandmother was born, lived, and died at various places.  Margaret Huggins (née Burke) was born in County Kerry, Ireland.  At fifteen, she married John Huggins, a native of county Tyrone, in England, possibly at Chatham.  The family lived, of course, wherever John was stationed, and this included the island of St Helena, Fort Henry in Canada (at Kingston), then back to England, first at Hertfordshire, and later at Winchester.  Then, Margaret & John, with the seven youngest (of ten) children, emigrated to Canada in 1874.  John died just two years later, in northern Ontario.
At some point, Margaret --with daughter Kate (Catherine)-- wound up back at Winchester.  First, Catherine died there in 1897, followed by Margaret in 1898.
I am trying to pinpoint where Margaret [1823-1898] and Catherine (a.k.a. Kate) [1861-1897] were in 1891, when they would have been 68- and 30-years-old, respectively.  Margaret was born in county Kerry, Ireland, and Catherine (Kate) was born at Waltham Abbey, Edmonton.
It is possible that another daughter was either with them, or living nearby.  Elizabeth Goddard, née Huggins, was born in 1849 at St Helena, sometimes given as Africa in the census records.  She was a widow by 1891, about 42-years-old at the time.
Could someone look for these three, long-sought-for people, please?  I don't know what part of England ... might have been Winchester or, perhaps, Somerset, Devon, or Islington (or ??).  While I know what eventually happened to Margaret & Kate, I have no idea what happened to Elizabeth.
Many, many thanks in advance,
Alison Causton
Annapolis Valley, Nova Scotia
London/Croydon: Causton. Steyning, Coombes & Piddinghoe, Sussex: Lamport. Bournemouth/Croydon: Dunford. Bristol/Croydon: Wawman, Hurford. Long Crichel, Dorset: Loader. Wivelsfield, Sussex: Miles. Kilrea, Co L'Derry: Kilpatrick, M'Kay. Caledon & Dungannon, Co Tyrone: Huggins, Kennedy, Thompson. Co Kerry: Burke. Corbrackey, Co Armagh: Flavell, Jones. DruminallyDuff, Co Armagh: Gilmore.