Author Topic: 20c family in Oxford Drive, Liverpool  (Read 1386 times)

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
20c family in Oxford Drive, Liverpool
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 14:05 GMT (UK) »
I am looking to find the true surname of the following couple:

"Jackie" & Harriett BIRDGE/BURGE/BURGESS  ??? etc.

Unfortunately, family information is conflicting and not clear as to the correct surname and all I know is that the couple were living at Oxford Drive, Waterloo, Liverpool sometime during WW2 when Harriett died.  Whether "Jackie" is a pet name for John I can't be sure.  Family information is that they had a son, also "Jackie" who was in the "Navy" and lost with his ship ............. and a daughter Edna.  Also that "Jackie" senior worked for the government during the war .................. Ministry of Food?

Harriett, sister to my gt grandfather, was local to Kent and the couple previously lived in London before moving to Liverpool but I have yet to locate their marriage - Harriett was born 1894.

I am aware that street directories/electoral registers were scarse during the war period but I would welcome any look ups that are available and perhaps an indication of where Harriett may have been cremated/buried given the address.

Any help greatly appreciated as I have no knowledge of Liverpool.

TIA  :)
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline floridagirl

• RootsChat Member
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: 20c family in Oxford Drive, Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 07 November 04 16:02 GMT (UK) »
Hiya,
If you e-mail Liverpool record office they'll be able to tell you what street directories they hold, and they will do a free 15 minute search for you, but at the moment they are extremely busy, so it might take them a couple of days to get back to you.
Good luck!
RecOffice.central.library@Liverpool.gov.uk
Make sure you enter the whole of the address or your message will not be delivered.
If I had more time I would look it up for you myself, but I'm trying to finish the lookups I've promised other people before I go on holiday at the end of the month.
Regards,
Viv.
 :)
Norris, O'Donnell, McGuinness, Evans, Hendry, Thomas, Perry, Duxbury, Hudson, Guest, Robinson, Shewan, Fullam, Williams, Henderson, Gaffney, Brookes, Bird, Bruffell, Baron, Hase, Jones, Tomkins

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: 20c family in Oxford Drive, Liverpool
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 November 04 11:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Viv

Many thanks for your reply.  Somebody has actually offered to do a look up for me.

Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk