Author Topic: New look up please for Joseph Moon of Shepton Mallet  (Read 1789 times)

Offline drewsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
New look up please for Joseph Moon of Shepton Mallet
« on: Sunday 07 November 04 17:05 GMT (UK) »
Hi there.  Can someone look up on the 1851/61 census a family in the name of Moon.  The head of the family was Joseph Moon born c 1834 in Bradford, Wiltshire.  He married Mary Ann who was born in 1836 in Shepton Mallet.  They had two sons by the time of the 1871 census, Frederick John Perrot Moon (born 1860) and Gilbert Henry Moon (born 1857).  They were living in Shepton Mallet at the time of the 1871 census.

Many thanks for your help in advance of a response.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: New look up please for Joseph Moon of Shepton Mallet
« Reply #1 on: Monday 08 November 04 03:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Drewsearcher Sorry I can find no Joseph Moon in Bradford in 1851 Census nor for that matter any Moons at all. In Shepton Mallet... I can find no Joseph moon either though there are numerous Moon Families and single individuals Sorry  :'(

I Think this could b Mary Ann if it helps  ;)

HO107/1933 Folio 548 Page 25 Entry 116
Lower Lane
Shepton Mallet
Somerset

PERROTT John 50 b Shepton Mallet Somerset Silk Worker
PERROTT Mary 50 b Shepton Mallet Somerset Silk Worker
PERROTT Emeline 21 b Spepton Mallet Somerset Silk Worker
PERROTT Mary Ann 15 b Shepton Mallet Silk Worker
PERROTT Thephillus 10 b Shepton Mallet 
PULLEN Hannah Mother in Law 80 b Shepton Mallet Pauper
LANE Charlotte Visitor 14 b Taunton Somerset Silk Throwster

Cheers Kris  ;D
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline drewsearcher

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 09 November 04 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Thanks Kris.  Very helpful!!  Think I now need to get off my bottom and go to Taunton for a day to the archives to get some more info!!

Lisa

Offline cookie31

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 12 July 05 13:16 BST (UK) »
Hi drewseacher
I have a Rowland Moon Born 19/6/1858.
He was born out of wedlock to Eliza Moon. She was the Daughter of Isaac and Elizabeth Moon of  Kilmersdon.
Eliza was a Servant Girl to Levi Treasure who was Rowlands Father.
Eliza had another Child out of wedlock Charles? She later married Charles Snook after which She had several more Children. Nothing further known of what happened to Rowland.
This may be of interst to you if it is the same Family.

Linda

Offline beansoup

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 14 July 05 09:24 BST (UK) »
Not the answer to your query BUT .... I have a George Moon acting as the informant on the death of my gt-gt-gt grandfather (Elisha Robbins) on 28 October 1878, Holcombe.  George is described as residing at Coleford.

This is your family on the 1861.  They are residing at Garston St, Shepton Mallet (schedule ref eight), which appears to be next door to the White Hart "beer house".  Joseph and Mary Ann are velvet weavers

Frederick J P Moon abt 1860  Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England    Shepton Mallet  Somerset   
Gilbert H Moon abt 1857  Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England    Shepton Mallet  Somerset   
Joseph Moon abt 1834  Bradford, Wiltshire, England Head  Shepton Mallet  Somerset   
Mary Ann Moon abt 1836  Shepton Mallet, Somerset, England Wife  Shepton Mallet  Somerset 

Su