Author Topic: Ridgeway Village  (Read 7760 times)

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ridgeway Village
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 11 November 06 17:00 GMT (UK) »
Just had a look at your website for Ridgeway... You have done a good job and I have founds lots of the surnames I am researching... Barker, Marples, and Hardwick... So thank you again for taking the time to record the bmd from the parish registers...  I am still searching for the marriage of George Barker and Hannah Marples but I think I have found out where George was born.  So now am wondering if they got married there..

Cheers
Anne
Canada
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline omskirk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 12 November 06 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Dear Anne,
                  Thank you, I will eventually be putting the rest of the Parish registers on, the ones so far are from St Johns from 1841, the rest are mixed in with Eckington so it will be a big job sorting the Ridgeway ones out from the Eckington ones ::) I will also be transcribing ALL the census for Ridgeway but as you will appreciate this takes time, I will put them on as I do them
Any Bowler/Boaler/Boler
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline AnneMc

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Sunday 12 November 06 18:01 GMT (UK) »
I do appreciate that it takes time... Our small genealogy group (about 10  people) are transcribing the bmd information out of our local newspaper.. Have been doing this for a couple of years now....  We are down to the last couple of binders.. I must say it has been really interesting reading the old newspapers and reconizing the surnames of families I know..  Even found a picture of my self in there, I had forgotten about that..  I was about 19 when it was taken... Just a few years ago....

Cheers
Anne
Yorkshire - Thompson. Savage, Morris, Richardson, Frankish, Mintoft, Myers, Barker, Hotchkiss
Shropshire - Hotchkiss
Derbyshire - Hardwick, Barker, Marples
Lancashire - Winstanley, Morton

Offline La Manga

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Sunday 12 November 06 18:18 GMT (UK) »
Have to say that I think you are doing a great job there Omskirk. I would love  to help but I'm stuck out here in Spain ::) after all I have a sort of vested interest in the village  ;D.............not to mention loads of memories
Keep up the good work and serious if I can do anything to help I will. I have loads of time on my hands.
Jac

Offline omskirk

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 12 November 06 19:22 GMT (UK) »
You can call me David ;D I don't mind doing it, I'm retired now so it is a nice warm dry project, I am putting feelers out for old photos and the response so far is promising, but if you are in touch with anyone, ask them what they have, I only want copies so they don't lose anything
Any Bowler/Boaler/Boler
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline La Manga

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 12 November 06 22:13 GMT (UK) »
Thank you David. do you know the Southerns Jean and Alan with kids Pat Peter and Ruth lived at Oaklands Main Road? if u do ask for pics They are related to me and probably have loads
Jac

Offline Lindsay Stone

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Friday 24 March 17 15:18 GMT (UK) »
If anyone  wants copies of pages from Ridgway Village and its Industries, I have a copy