Author Topic: Taudevin Family  (Read 7245 times)

Offline annejay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Taudevin Family
« on: Saturday 07 October 06 22:25 BST (UK) »
Have lost the Taudevin family -St Peters Port-after 1861 census.William and Mary his second wife and children Helen 18.Rose 16 and Elvira 2m and Lillian 2yrs.By 1871 there was also Edith and William.Lillian.Edith and William came to NZ  in the care of Mr and Mrs Gempton 1876.Any ideas what happened?
   Annejay.
abbott london-maynard and hadley berkshire-lashmar and west sussex-sullivan and rooney lancashire-grahamand thompson london

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
Re: Taudevin Family
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 19 October 06 07:43 BST (UK) »
Hello Annejay..........Not sure if this is of any help.......i have a record of a death for a Mary Taudevin 18th October 1874..
She was the daughter of James Manning and Mary Sims(Syms) aged 84...
Comes from the Civil Death Register.....sent to me from the Priaulx Library...(the Manning's are my family)...gives her address as : Rue Le Feuvre, St.Peter Port.Guernsey.
Know she can not be a mother to young children, but Grandmother maybe ??  Address any good to you ??
Regards..
LancsLass.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline annejay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 19 October 06 08:14 BST (UK) »
Lancslass
         Thanks for that.Any sort of thread eventually joins up.Do you know where I could find the 1871 census.Doesnt seem to be on Ancestry or I am looking in the wrong place?
 Annejay.
abbott london-maynard and hadley berkshire-lashmar and west sussex-sullivan and rooney lancashire-grahamand thompson london

Offline LancsLass

• I am sorry but my emails address is not working
  • RootsChat Veteran
  • All Census information is Crown Copyright.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 19 October 06 15:30 BST (UK) »
Hi Annejay........Yes the 1871 is on Ancestry.....just go to UK Census Collection ,then 1871 and type in Guernsey.

Found a Rosalie R Taudevin .Un.26 General Serv. born St.Peter Port...in the household of Emma Le Mesurier..
RG10-5768 Folio 53.
Fairfield,St.Martin.Guernsey..

Found a whole family transcribed under 2 different spellings...
Todevin,Tosdevin & Todeven.....you might have to try several spellings for this one...
This family were at Vale, Guernsey..
RG10-5766 Folio 165. children Dan.Elizabeth & John all born St.Peter port.

Regards..LancsLass.
Scott,Hampshire,Kidger,Iles/Isles,Buckley,Winterbottom,Broadbent.Davenport,Lancashire,Yorkshire.
Eastwood, Eckersley, Newton,Partington,Forth, Smethurst,Stalker,Simpson,Oldham,Lancashire Lancashire.
Manning,Dobson,Bramwell,Sims/Syms,Cheshire,Staffordshire,Lancashire,Devon,Guernsey,Channel Islands.
Mallalieu/Mellodew. Ashton-u-Lyne/Saddleworth.

Offline annejay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 21 October 06 07:20 BST (UK) »
Hi LancsLass
      Found three children in the poor house 1871 and another with an aunt and uncle in 1891.Getting there!
     Annejay.

Offline hazelrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 25 April 10 05:24 BST (UK) »
My grandfather came from Guernsey Island to NewZealand as a small boy. He did not come with his parents but I think his fathers name was William. My grandfathers  name was also William. He met someone on the ship who he admired and decided to change his name to match his new friend. Unfortunately he changed from Taudevan to Wilson. he married Lilian Kew and they are both buried in the Halcombe cemetery.

Offline annejay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 25 April 10 08:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Hazelrose
     the correspondence regarding this family belong to you.I have been researching it for my friend Hazel Robertson nee Wilson.Which part of the family do you belong to and I will let her know I had another reply.
  Annejay

Offline hazelrose

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 04:39 BST (UK) »
Hi annejay
Hazel Robertson is my first cousin. I was aware that they were researching the Taudevan side of our family tree. I have previously been in contact with her daughter Sandra. I have alot of information on the Kew side of our family but none on the Taudevan side so I have read your postings with great interest. Hazel's father and my mother are brother and sister.
Regards Hazel

Offline annejay

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 28 April 10 05:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Hazel
     I found the census from 1841 to1901 for the family and gave them to Sandra.She also has all info on his sisters and their marriages in nz as well. Hazelhas some really interesting stories about her life.She has just moved to Cambridge,
 regards Anne. ;)