Author Topic: FINCHAM Family - Doddington/North Witchford 1924  (Read 3182 times)

Offline kizmiaz

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
FINCHAM Family - Doddington/North Witchford 1924
« on: Monday 09 October 06 22:59 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for any info on a family who were in the North Witchford area in 1924. (Long shot I know, but it's always worth a try!)

I have a birth record for a John George Fincham born at Fields End, Doddington, Chatteris, Isle of Ely on 18th February 1924, to Hurl and Louisa Fincham. His father Hurl was listed as a Blacksmith Journeyman.

The family seem to have been fairly mobile, and only four years previously had been in Stowmarket in Suffolk, so I have no idea how long they may have stayed in Doddington.

Does anyone have access to Trade directories which may list Hurl? Or would any kind person be able to look in the Voters List to see if they were there any later than 1924?

Alternatively does anyone have any other suggestions or links for sources of info which may help me to track the family's movements? I have no problem locating people pre-1901 thanks to Ancestry's fab census resources, but finding someone who lived last century is proving extremely difficult.

Many thanks

Glen