Author Topic: 1861 lookup please  (Read 433 times)

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1861 lookup please
« on: Wednesday 11 October 06 15:10 BST (UK) »
Can some kind person please do a lookup for me?

According to Kelly's Directory, James Bowden, broker, lived at 17 Eaton Road, Claughton. Before 1871, James Bowden had died and in 1871 at 17 Eaton Road, Birkenhead lived his widow Elizabeth Bowden. I think James Bowden had died before the 1861 census. Who was living at 17 Eaton Road in 1861?

Thank you,
Simon

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 lookup please
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 13:19 BST (UK) »
Hi

Although I don't know the area I have traced Eaton Rd in the 1861 and there is no number 17, the house numbers seem to go 14, 16 and then 18. It is likely that more houses were built inbetween, possibly on garden land sold for the purpose, the houses do seem to be large and occupied by well to do folk.

The 1861 shows a family named Shore at number 16 and they are still there in 1871 next door but one to Elizabeth Bowden.

If you want to veiw the census pages in 1861 it is RG9-2644 folio 459 page 6

peterbennett
All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline sgrollitt

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 lookup please
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 18 October 06 17:09 BST (UK) »
Peter,

Thank you very much.

Simon