Author Topic: TEARLE Family  (Read 17313 times)

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
TEARLE Family
« on: Friday 20 February 04 09:35 GMT (UK) »
Looking for anyone with this unusual and unique to Bedfiordshire surname, or anyone who has it somewhere in their family history/tree. Lots of info available from me and numerous contacts plus a Yahoo group just for us!!
Specific areas are Leighton Buzzard, Stanbridge, Edelsborough, Eaton Bray, Toddington....
Tearle surname

Offline tearle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re:Tearle Family
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 26 May 04 15:27 BST (UK) »
Hi, my name is Samuel Tearle and have just joined this site.  I was born in Heath and Reach in Beds and originate from the Stanbridge Tearles.  My great great great grandfather was James Tearle from Stanbridge.  His son Levi moved to Wing to set up Tearle blacksmiths.  I'd love to hear from anone who can shed any more information on my origins!  I now reside in Brighton and am wondering if there is any history of Tearles in Sussex  Regards, Sam

Offline tearle

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 26 May 04 16:20 BST (UK) »
Thanks for starting this site, I have just started to get interested in my origins and am delighted to see that others are doing similar.  Without too much effort I've got back to James Tearle of Stanbridge around 1830.  His son Levi moved to Wing where he set up a blacksmiths shop under the Tearle name.  His second son Mahlon is my great grandfather, Mahlon's son George my grandfather and then my father John who lives in Bucks.  I'd be delighted to hear if any of this means anything to you, are you also from the Stanbridge Tearles?  Regards and thanks again, Samuel Tearle

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 26 May 04 22:32 BST (UK) »
Hello Samuel - I have some good news for you. I have a Yahoo group just for us Tearles on http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tearle
and you will find much of interest to you. Membership is free and all you need is a Yahoo ID, also free. Of great interest to you will be a relative of yours called Ewart Tearle who is a member of the group. Ewart is related to Mahlon and his father Levy, and if that excites you, then you might also like to know that posted in the photo section of the group is a picture of Levi and Mahlon, and also, Levi's daughters on one of their wedding days. Ewart has a lot of information on that side of the family and I know he would be delighted to hear from you
Best regars and hope to see you there
Richard Tearle
Tearle surname

Offline lordfaringdon

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 27 May 04 17:02 BST (UK) »
Hi Samuel - me again! In my enthusiasm to tell you about the group etc, I clean forgot your question about Sussex Tearles: whilst ALL of us come from Stanbridge roots, migration has been rife in the last century or so. I don't have any real details of Sussex Tearles except that one, Michael Tearle, lives in Lewes which I believe is not too far from you! The extra good news is that he is a member of the group and if you are able to join you can either contact him through the group or get his e-mail address from there.
Cheers
Richard Tearle
Tearle surname

Offline reed

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Tearle Family
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 16:12 GMT (UK) »
Hello Richard

My name is Reed, but my great grand mother who married Joseph Bodsworth of Lieghton Buzzard, was called Ann Tearle .I do not know how or when they left Lieghton Buzzard but they came to south Yorkshire Sheffield to  as then a small village called Stocksbridge. They ran a boarding House for the labourers in the area.My grand father was called Joseph henry william Bodsworth he married my grand mother Hanna Firth.
I hope this will be of help to you furthering your family tree.
Kind regards M Reed

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 16:17 GMT (UK) »

Hi Reed.....

Welcome to the family of Tearle.....

Have you been to the one name study site I would really recomend it.

The guys have a very large tree of Tearles from Stanbridge outwards including Bodsworth/Bodworths.

In our line we have a Richard Tearle who marries Elizabeth Bodsworth.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Mand

• RootsChat Extra
  • 'GALE'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 16:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have a George Tearle born 1861 Northall Bucks he married a Sarah Jane Horn, who was my 2nd Cousin 4x removed  :o

They had 6 Children : Edward, Henry, Alfred, Jeffery, Amelia and Frank between 1883 and 1899.

Mandy
GALE-TOMLIN : Beds and Herts
LACEY - Ireland and Beds
ROBINSON : Northamptonshire
HORN/E -CLARK/E & CARTER: Eaton Bray Beds & Ivinghoe Bucks
JANES: Buckinghamshire and Bedfordshire
HANCE: Surrrey & Beds
PRATT: Kent & Beds

Offline tazzie

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 16 January 08 16:52 GMT (UK) »

Hi Mandi....

All the Tearle family come from Stanbridge back in the early 1600's.
  There are now Tearles all over the globe and the group site is full of information. Click on the link under Lordfaringdon aka Richard...both he and Ewart are building this site and any extra info about extended family can be added to the tree. Over 110 pages I think at the last count.

Tazzie
Liscoe -all
Green/Simpson/Underwood-Beds
Walker/Foulkes/Fookes/Fooks/Hedges/Lamborne-Bucks.
Stanton/Pattrick/Cooper/Fitzjohn/Holland/Spalding-London
 Rewallin/Underwood -Devon
 Casbolt-London/Cambridge
 Favell/Favel - Lincs-Beds

This information is Crown Copyright from
   www.nationalarchives.gov.uk