Author Topic: Richmond infant death  (Read 4021 times)

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Richmond infant death
« on: Tuesday 24 October 06 16:56 BST (UK) »
Bridget Farry died or was buried aged 1 week on 15th December 1875 at Richmond St Mary (assume this is the name of the church rather than a district).  Can anyone please help me to find out the names of her parents?  If a Parish Record is available, I would be very interested to have any additional details. 
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline dee melody

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Richmond infant death
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 17:12 BST (UK) »
Hello Gillg.  I know this sounds silly but have you got the birth and death certificates?  If not here are the details:

Bridget Farry

Birth:  Oct-Dec 1875  District - Richmond  Vol No: 9d  Page No: 646

Death: Oct-Dec 1875 District - richmond  Vol No: 9d  Page No: 443

There is also a website for BMD North Yorks where you can order certificates.  Do you have it?

Hope this is of some help to you.
Dee Melody
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Melody: Carrick, Attymass, Ballina, County Mayo
Cassidy:Mayo/Leitrim
Granaghan: Crossmolina, County Mayo
Mullens: Kensington, London

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 17:47 BST (UK) »
Hello Dee Melody

I have the references, but I don't have the certs.  I was rather hoping that someone might have access to the parish records.  There is only the very slightest of possibilities that this baby belonged to a relative who seemed to be on the move all the time as a young man, and I really wanted to find out out if it was his child before considering ordering a certificate. 

Thanks for your help.  :)

Gillg

FAIREY/FAIRY/FAREY/FEARY, LAWSON, CHURCH, BENSON, HALSTEAD from Easton, Ellington, Eynesbury, Gt Catworth, Huntingdon, Spaldwick, Hunts;  Burnley, Lancs;  New Zealand, Australia & US.

HURST, BOLTON,  BUTTERWORTH, ADAMSON, WILD, MCIVOR from Milnrow, Newhey, Oldham & Rochdale, Lancs., Scotland.

Offline dee melody

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 18:58 BST (UK) »
Hello Gillg.  I knew it was a dumb question.  Have you tried contacting St, Mary's Church in Richmond?  Other than that I cannot help you. So sorry.  Perhaps someone in the area will read this and check it out for you.
Dee Melody

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 19:43 BST (UK) »
Hi there, Dee Melody,

I don't think it was dumb at all, just sensible.  It's just me being ultra-cautious, because I've bought the wrong certs before.  Maybe someone will be visiting the Record Office for that area (not sure where that would be) or has transcripts of the PR.  One can always hope!

Cheers,

Gillg   ;)

Offline alllegs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 20:01 BST (UK) »
Hi Gillg,

I have found that most of the RO's are really helpful and if you ring/email/write to them they will be able to confirm the if the parents are who you think they might be.

The contact details are....

The Register Office
1 Spring Terrace
Richmond
Surrey
TW9 1LW

For general enquiries:
Tel: 020 8940 2853 or 020 8940 2651
Fax: 020 8940 8226

Email: registeroffice@richmond.gov.uk

Then you can order the certificate if it is the correct one.

Best wishes
Legs
xxxxx
DUR-Bainbridge,Hodgson,Richardson,Walker,Thompson,Armory,Wynn,Humble,Dunn,Chapman,Herin
YKS-Bradley,Hellawell,Dransfield,Sanderson,Gledhill,Mallinson,Tyas,Thornton,Nobel,Brook,Senior,Bower,Kay,Hirst,Smith,Lockwood, Clayton,Rollinson,Swallow
NTHNTS-Hubbard,Line,Goate,Tyler,Weed,Warren,Brown,Hollowell,Bird,Kirby,Dolby,Gilbert,Wootton
NFK-Burton,Myhill,Fisher,Thompson
LNRK-Neilson,Dudson,Forrest,McNight,Paterson
WL-Williams

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 24 October 06 22:10 BST (UK) »
Hi, Legs,

Perhaps I should have been more specific, but I did mean Richmond, N. Yorks.  Or does the Surrey address apply for UK enquiries in general?  I have always found local ROs and in some cases also Local Studies to be most helpful, as opposed to the GRO, who charge you a handling fee if you give the wrong parents, but this is the first time I have had to make enquiries in this part of England, and I'm not sure which RO/Local Studies/Library to contact .  :-\

Many thanks for your help.

Gillg  :)

Offline dee melody

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 25 October 06 07:32 BST (UK) »
Hi Gillg.  Try this website for sourcing your information.  I don't know how they are with phone calls, but its worth a shot.

www.bmd-certificates.co.uk/registry/northyorkshire.html

Good luck.

Dee Melody

Offline Gillg

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 25 October 06 08:32 BST (UK) »
Hello again, Dee Melody,

Thanks for this information.  I have emailed an enquiry via the site you gave me, so hope to hear from N. Yorks soon.

Cheers,
Gillg   ;D