Author Topic: Suggett/Suggitt family of Maltby/Whitby  (Read 4342 times)

Offline ANDY1959

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Suggett/Suggitt family of Maltby/Whitby
« on: Thursday 26 October 06 16:21 BST (UK) »
I'm new to this board, but I'm hoping that someone out there in the ether, has the answer to my prayers.

I am looking for anyone who has, or will be doing a search of parish records of the MALTBY area, as I am trying to extend my family back beyond my GG Grandfather George Suggett, who was born c1832 according to census data in Maltby.

I think that I have picked up his family living in Maltby in 1841, but am unsure as the name is spelled SUGGITT.

His marriage is a complete mystery to me, as his wifes maiden name, Whiteley, doesn't come up on any searches for a marriage to a George Suggett, or Suggitt, so she was possibly a widow and married under her married name, that so far I haven't been able to find.

Also, if anyone has info regarding the baptisms of his children, I would be overjoyed, his known children were.

Cecilia Jane born 29/05/1860 in Sandsend
John George born 1862 in Sandsend
Harriet Ann born 1864 in Aislby
Elizabeth born 1866 in Aislby
Stephen born 1868 in Aislby
Eliza born 1870 in Aislby
Christiana born 1874 in Whitby

Many thanks...Andy

Wright/Collis-Suffolk
Mills-Hampshire
Hamerton-London
Suggitt/Suggett-Yorkshire
Minett-Cambridgeshire
Warr-Dorset

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Suggett/Suggitt family of Maltby/Whitby
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 31 January 07 13:47 GMT (UK) »
This extracted IGI entry matches the 1841 census:

George SUGGITT chr. 25 Dec 1832, Hutton Rudby, Yorkshire, son of John SUGGITT and Jane.

The spelling seems to vary on census, so I wouldn't worry too much if other details match - George is SUGET in 1851....

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk