Author Topic: Hoskins of bournville, birmingham  (Read 1085 times)

Offline wifee40

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hoskins of bournville, birmingham
« on: Wednesday 01 November 06 18:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me with my familly tree. My fathers name was william sidney hoskins, and his twin is Peter hoskins. They were born on 27th april, 1938. Their parents were called Arthur James Hoskins and Lilliam May Hoskins, (nee Jones). The address on William and Peter's date of birth was 217maryvale Road, bournville, Birmingham,  It also says Selley oak by the parents address! I have found out that my father died in bristol in 1989, but i am having trouble finding out any information about his twin peter, wether he has passed away or married etc.  also I would like to know if they have any other siblings.  Before Arthur and Lillian lived in Selley oak they lived in trelleck, Monmouth. Any help or advice would be gratefully recieved. thank you Jacqui

Offline irret

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Hoskins of bournville, birmingham
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 18:34 GMT (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat :)
My geography isn't that good but.
March quarter 1936 birth
Brenda M Hoskins mother Jones
District Pontypridd
Vol 11a
Page 595
William Walker Glasgow<br />Pattison Northumberland<br />Pallent Suffolk<br /><br />This information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline wifee40

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 01 November 06 18:45 GMT (UK) »
 :)Hi thanks for your reply. i will try to find out if she is related. best wishes Jacqui

Offline Tricia_2

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • "Family ~ link to our past, bridge to our future"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 22 November 06 09:21 GMT (UK) »
Mary Vale Road is in Bournville, but one end actually meets Selly Oak Road.

If you enter the names on www.streetmap.co.uk you will find them.

Bournville is, of course, the home of Cadburys. Lots of local people were employed at the factory, but I don't know if their records exist or are accessible.
Worcs / Glos: Neal Neale Jeynes Jeens Geans Harris Roper Ropier Colley Dyer Heeks Bayzand Hampton Bishop Cole Elton Littlehales McGowan
Glamorgam: Hampton Thornton Svombo Swambo Swanbo Keefe O Keefe Shanahan Shannon Doyle Maldoon Muldoon Davies Llewellyn Jones
Birmingham: Neale Sarjant Cole Hiley Berridge Tirebuck