Author Topic: Emily Rosina Cove...more help?  (Read 1527 times)

Offline deafkat

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
Emily Rosina Cove...more help?
« on: Monday 06 November 06 12:21 GMT (UK) »
 Hi all helpers.....

Is there a possible if anyone can see if she had remarried instead of death at the quake as there no record in Hasting of this woman killed...so we assumed she remarried in New Zealand and cut her ties with her Australian families and started a new life there... could you check in the marriage records and see if there any matching to the details of Emily Rosina born  Cove,  may use stepfather's name Bartlett, ( married- Jackway), extras of her mothers names that she could have use in the marriage. as ? ..Johnson, Dobson , Barnes...

can anyone find this information the BDM for marriage records in 1905- 1950

But around Hasting quake time before or after that... cheers from Kathleen.
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline suzs

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Emily Rosina Cove...more help?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 02:57 GMT (UK) »
Hello again

I have searched all the marriages for a Cove and there are none.  There are two for a Emily BARTLETT 1912 and 1919 to a BALL and a NICHOLAS.  There are eight other Emily Rosina's between 1912 and 1949.  Can't find any COVE deaths on any online cemeteries either.

Do you know when she came to NZ there is a William (34) and a Mrs (30) COVE with 2 children, Fanny and Emma,  arriving here from Melbourne in 1862  - too early?

Sue
Gray/Grey - Palmerston Nth, Hosking -Canterbury/Palmerston Nth; Seward - Palm Nth; Clark - Palm Nth/Hawkes Bay.  Willard Orphangae Palm Nth - All New Zealand

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 07 November 06 03:13 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue ....Yes too early she was born in UK in 1875...

can you see if there was census in NZ with Nicholas or and also Ball with this Emily... it could be the same one.  so she wasnt  buried as Cove ... what about Jackway was her married name before left Australia ....as her husband died in Melbourne.. she left 2 kids with her mother and went to NZ  i am sure she remarried if nothing is registered in death?  may be if in census shows her  or election rolls..... in Library ? As her birth year as 1875 when married to those men... cheers from Kathleen.
Bartlett, Hescroff, Stanbury, Eiffe, Healey, O'Dea, Fewings, McKinty/McKenty, Spencer, Fogarty, Foxton, for a cousin (Faggotter), Hardy, Seymour, Johnson, Johnston, Cove, Dodd, Dobson, Balson, Flynn.

Offline alamar

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 08 November 06 08:41 GMT (UK) »
Sorry but all NZ censuses were destroyed as soon as the data was collated. Mores the pity. Electoral rolls are a possibility but you need to know which electorate she lived in. The only nationwide indexes are for the 1881 and 1893 elections and only 1893 included women.
Living in Christchurch, New Zealand.

Offline deafkat

• RootsChat Extra
  • G'Day From Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 08 November 06 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi alamar... Oh dear Oh no... never mind its really a pity  that its happen to be destroyed ... I bet they are sorry now... I dont know where she lived there as its long time ago and dad was young when he heard about it etc and forgotten till he ask me to look it up online for the last 5 years still no luck finding thats why I ask on this site... then I thought some one may be able to find it on electoral rolls .. on all area she lived may did?   Dad is 88 years and the family didnt spoke much then... thats why its so hard to find... cheers from Kathleen.

Offline spades

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 19 November 06 06:22 GMT (UK) »
Hi all,

Emily Rosina died 1963 as Emily Rosina JOHNSON. See this thread;

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,194736.0.html

Regards, riley
ELLERKER - Beverley ERY ENG
HEALEY - IRL?