Author Topic: Re: Our Ancestors #4  (Read 26954 times)

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Our Ancestors #4
« on: Monday 06 November 06 19:28 GMT (UK) »
Moderator comment: continued from http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/topic,179419.285.html

This is my granda Stark

|Not a very good photo my brother had it pinned on his shed wall and I look this photo from that I should send it to the photo repair thread
Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
Re: Our Ancestors #3
« Reply #1 on: Monday 06 November 06 19:32 GMT (UK) »
And my Granda Mckenzie

Elizabeth
McKenzie,Helmsdale.,Mackay's,Gordon's,Polsons,Sutherland's,Loth & N/Z .Watson ,Munro,Pitsligo.Black. Harle ,East Hollywell.Black,and Short East Hollywell.Northumberland Gair, Amble,Douglas,Amble,Mitchell ,Fettercairns,Lyall, Brechin .Mearns Brechin.Thompson's ,Spittal. Maghie,Young .Raey Cumberland & Newcastle & Glasgow .Gilroy, Northumberland. Stark's Kyloe & Tweedmouth .Skeen's Tweedmouth.Gregsons Northumberland & America. Andrew Farmer Turnbull Berwick , Pool and Black Hull.Lounton Tweedmouth

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 06 November 06 20:24 GMT (UK) »
Hello Aspin - you are very lucky to have the lovely photos of your two Granda's.

Glad you were clever enough to take a photo of the one in the shed. I'm sure the photo thread people would like to work on it.......

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 November 06 20:59 GMT (UK) »
I'm with you on that one, Emmeline.

Give it a go Aspin.
Remember that tatty offering my dear little father always carried round in his wallet, of himself and his chums when he was learning his trade at the Dock and General. It was so battered, but they built it up and  made something magnificent of it.
I'm sure they will work their magic for you.
Paula
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 November 06 22:19 GMT (UK) »
Here is my husbands grt granda and two great uncles at their work .The one standing on the left is grt granda Gair

Elizabeth

Online aspin

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • What a Lad What a miss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 06 November 06 22:22 GMT (UK) »
Come out a bit small Sorry its a good one really as the men are all dirty and it gives you an idea how the worked in those days
Elizabeth

ps sent off Granda Stark and he has come back a smasher

Offline dude uk

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Monday 06 November 06 22:48 GMT (UK) »
yea, thanks again pentio you have been a wonderful help starting this thread.
 ;D

Offline PaulaToo

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Me 'n Gerry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Monday 06 November 06 22:55 GMT (UK) »
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I wish it was bigger, aspin, it looks so good. I had my nose right up to the screen, I'll bet it is smashing.
Paula
Bartlett/Henley on Thames
Caponhurst/Buckinghamshire and?
Denchfield/North Marston/Bucks
Webb/Winchester
Mathias/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
John/Pembroke/Pembroke Dock
Smith/Portsmouth/Portsea
Purchas/Bucks and?
Olliffe/Bucks

Offline Emmeline

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Emma Louisa Tricker (1885-1958)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 06 November 06 23:01 GMT (UK) »
aspin - please try and make bigger. It looks a wonderful photo  but like Paula nearly had to have my nose through the screen  ::) ::)