Author Topic: my ggggrandfather need help  (Read 2967 times)

Online WILLIAM 1

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
my ggggrandfather need help
« on: Friday 10 November 06 17:56 GMT (UK) »
i am looking for the birth certificate for my ggggrandfather his name was joseph brown all i have was he was born in ireland in 1821. but i got told he came from monaghan.. he was a protestant. then he came to scotland. and he got married to margaret mccaskie on the 24/02/1851 in girvan ayr scotland so he was age 30 when he got married. i dont know what age joseph was when he left ireland and who did he leave with was it his father and mother i dont know. can anyone help me please

margaret mccaskie father and mother are
edward mccaskie & margaret edgar i think both of them are born in ireland

DOES anyone know these and how would i get the certificates for them

Joseph Brown born 1821, Slacks Grove, Monaghan, Ireland.
Parents Robert Brown and Esther ????
Other children were: Isabella 1790, Samuel 1804, Andrew, 1805, robert 1809, William 1811, Isabella 1814 and James 1817, all born Slacks Grove.

the joseph brown born 1821 i think could be my ggggrandfather who i am looking for on here at the top of this page
brown family mcclinton (and variants), mcfarlane, buchanan,murray,caskie(and variants) hay family. mcpherson family.mckenzie.whiteside.nichol

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: my ggggrandfather need help
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 12:42 GMT (UK) »
Hello William,

I feel you may have to look at people with the Brown surname in Co. Monaghan at the time of Griffith's Valuation of the county in 1858-60 to try to establish where in the county Joseph was born and if any of the families were related to Joseph. I crossed checked the surnames Brown and McCaskie in Irish Ancestors Surname Search to see if the surnames both appeared in the same parish at the time of the Valuation. The only county where they both appeared in the one parish was Tyrone.   

Best wishes with your research.

Christopher

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: my ggggrandfather need help
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 10 February 08 20:22 GMT (UK) »
Hello William,

I've linked your slacks grove monaghan ireland thread to this one.

Christopher