Author Topic: BUSHBY OF AYSGARTH/HAWES  (Read 5406 times)

Offline stan Laurel Fan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
BUSHBY OF AYSGARTH/HAWES
« on: Monday 15 November 04 12:53 GMT (UK) »
LOOKING FOR INFORMATION ON THOMAS BUSHBY BORN C 1798 AT AYSGARTH, IN DEC 1822 HE MARRIED MARGARET PEACOCK AT HARDROW. SHE WAS BORN C 1805.
THEY HAD THE FOLLOWING CHILDREN ISABELLA 1823, EDMUND 1825, ANNE 1828, MARGARET 1831, SARAH 1832, HANNAH 1835.
I HAVE INFORMATION ON SARAH BUSHBY 1832,  BUT WOULD LIKE INFO ON ANY OTHER OF THE ABOVE. STAN

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
Re: BUSHBY OF AYSGARTH/HAWES
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 04 13:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stan,

Could this be your Margaret on the 1861 Census at West Burton, Township of Burton Cum Waldon, Sub District Ashrigg.

Margaret Bushby, Head, Widow, 67, Housekeeper, Yorkshire Wilsden
Margaret Bushby, Dau, Unm, 32, Dress Maker, Yorkshire Newbiggin
Jane Bushby, Dau, Unm, 25, Dress Maker, Yorkshire Bishopsdale
---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline stan Laurel Fan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 15 November 04 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Fitty
  Thanks for the message, but she is too old  [1861 census] 67yrs so born c 1794.  Stan

Offline Fitty

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Rooting through my Roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 15 November 04 14:33 GMT (UK) »
Of course, but with there being 2 Margarets there i thought maybe this would tie in with another part of the family.     :)

Fitty

---------------------------------------                    <br />                    (  @ @  )<br />-----------oOOo-(_)-oOOo---------<br /><br />       Any one seen any BAXENDALES?<br /><br />--------oooO---------------Oooo-------<br />           (    )                    (    )<br />            \\\\  (                      )  /<br />             \\\\_)                    (_/<br /><br />Brighouse:  Smith<br />Lambeth: Clisby<br />Leeds: Baxendale,Baxter, Beales,Bowe

Offline bob.boyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 November 04 14:59 GMT (UK) »
YES OF COURSE THE OTHER MARGARET WOULD HAVE BEEN BORN C 1830, BUT SHE WAS BORN AT HAWES.  STAN
Bouncing Emails

Offline genjen

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 04 December 04 16:53 GMT (UK) »
My earliest Bushby was my 7th great-grandfather, John, married 19th June 1702, in Aysgarth. He was married to Jane Gibson and  had offspring - Christopher, John, Thomas and Elizabeth.
I have a fair amount of Bushby information  from the Wensleydale area and ending up with my 2nd great grandmother Sarah Bushby who was born in Northallerton in 1826. Do you want me to send this to you?

Jen

All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

ESS: Howe French Cant Annis Noakes Turner Marshall Makerow Duck Spurden Harmony
SCT: Howe Shaw Raitt Milne Forsyth Birnie Crichton Duncan McBeath Daniel Hay Robertson Jaffrey Smith McDonald Alexander Craighead
NRY: Bushby Smith Bland Iley Cunion Kendrew Thornbury Favell Lonsdale Crossland Rudd Pratt Gibson
WES; Dickenson Jackson Ewbank Waller
STS: White
SRY: Knight
DUR: Smith Littlefair
HAM: Williams Grose Lush Venson

Offline bob.boyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 December 04 20:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jen
   Thanks for the message, Do any of your Bushby' s tie in with me Bushbey' s or  do you have info on Thomas Bushbey that married  Sarah Peacock.
 Bob
Bouncing Emails

Offline Verann

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 16 December 04 19:46 GMT (UK) »
My great grandmother was Margaret Bushby, born 13/07/1831, daughter of Thomas and Margaret.  She was married to Matthew Grainger, clogger, of Hawes on 16/04/1863, at Hawes parish church.  I believe she was sister to Sarah Bushby who was Stan Laurel's grandmother.  Matthew and Margaret had 8 sons, 2 of whom died in infancy.  Margaret died 07/04/1913.   My grandfather, Richard, carried on the shoe and clogmaking business.
Verann

Offline bob.boyd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 18 December 04 08:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi
 Thanks for the information on Margaret, I agree with you Margaret could have been the sister of Sarah, Do you have any other information on the families. BOB
Bouncing Emails