Author Topic: Coleman  (Read 2991 times)

Offline liz Reece

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Coleman
« on: Thursday 30 November 06 13:35 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find information with regard to my gran's family. I have found Thomas coleman born c 1836 in Banbury. He married Elizabeth (Don't know maiden name). He had a son John Thomas born in Birmingham and the family lived in Sun Inn, Market Street LLanrhaedr in 1861 census. Can anyone find me any more info. Cheers.  Liz

Offline D ap D

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Stuck with John Jones in Wales? Join the club!
    • View Profile
Re: Coleman
« Reply #1 on: Friday 01 December 06 09:36 GMT (UK) »
Hi Liz,

what is it you are looking for in particular?

If its census info, can you tell us what you already have? Also any info such as birth, marriage or death would also be quite handy.

D
Stuck with:
William Williams of Llanllyfni
John Jones in Llanelli
Evan Evans in Caio
David Davies of Llansanffraid
Evans: Caio/Carms
Jones: CDG, DEN

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

"Nor do I think that any other nation than this of Wales, or any other tongue, whatever may hereafter come to pass, shall on the day of the great reckoning before the Most High Judge, answer for this corner of the earth": The Old Man of Pencader to Henry II

Offline liz Reece

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Coleman
« Reply #2 on: Friday 01 December 06 11:03 GMT (UK) »
My maternal grandmother was Mary Coleman (May 1894)
Her parents were Richard Coleman,  Llanrhaedr, Llanfyllin (1851/1862) and Margaret Davies, Oswestry (1861).
I know that Richard's father is Thomas Coleman 1871 Welsh Census RG10 5633 folio 28.
Thomas is registereed as coming from Banbury, Oxfordshire, but then I get stuck. Today I've sent for Richard's birth certificate and marriage certificate. This may help me further.
Richard had an older brother John Thomas Coleman who was born in Birmingham area c 1857. I think I have his christening record 7 Feb 1858. I can't find anything further as yet.
liz