Author Topic: Collingwood/Parker family of Lambeth, Surrey  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Jean Mayo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Collingwood/Parker family of Lambeth, Surrey
« on: Sunday 03 December 06 02:31 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for information in Surrey, England concerning the following persons:

1. Sarah Parker, widow, died in Lambeth, Surrey, England. Her will was dated May 20, 1741.

2. Thomas Collingwood, Gentleman, died in St. Mary, Lambeth, Surrey. His will was dated Feb. 5, 1810.

3. Edward Collingwood, Brazier, died in Wandsworth, Surrey. His will was dated Jan. 18, 1706.

4. John Collingwood  died in Ratcliffe, St. Dunstan, Stepney, Middlesex, England. His will was dated Aug. 4, 1727. In his will, he left his wife, Jane ( Muscoe ) Collingwood, property in I believe Lambeth in Surrey. After her death, it was left to John Collingwood's sister, Sarah Parker.

I am searching for any information concerning the persons above and their family origins in Surrey. Can anyone help?
            Jean.

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Collingwood/Parker family of Lambeth, Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 01:00 GMT (UK) »
Boyd's marriage index shows John Collingwood + Jane 'Moscow' marriage 1714, faculty office (ie. it's only indexing the license).  The actual faculty office marriage license index shows the date of license as 5 Jul 1714 and it's John Collingwood + Jane Muscow.

London apprenticeships index shows several Collingwoods as members of the Armourers' and Braziers' Company.  In particular, in 1668 Edward Collingwood, son of John, was apprenticed to Robert Bainbridge, Armourers' and Braziers' Company.  There seem to be a number of Collingwood/Callingwoods who were members of the Company - the first mentions are a John Callingwood taking on apprentices in the 1630s, the last an Edward Collingwood taking on an apprentice in 1712.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Jean Mayo

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working.
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 06 December 06 02:19 GMT (UK) »
Thank you. I'll add these pieces to my puzzle!
           Jean.

Offline fzs

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 27 November 17 07:26 GMT (UK) »
Do you have anything additional on John Callingwood in London from the 1630s, as on when he was apprenticed and/or where he was from when he was apprenticed?  The John taking apprentices in the 1630s is probably the brother of my ancestor.  John had a marriage allegation in 1682 at which time he was age 73, and a widower, and in his 1685 will he was listed as a citizen and Armorer of London.