Author Topic: Missing Paflin  (Read 2357 times)

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Missing Paflin
« on: Sunday 03 December 06 20:23 GMT (UK) »
Could someone help me locate CHARLES PAFLIN in 1881 Please?

I found him in 1891, as so;

Information removed due to copyright violation. See http://www.rootschat.com/forum/copyright.php for more details

RootsChat must deal with any breach of copyright by its members.

For some time the team of Copyright Editors has been removing breaches of copyright and sending detailed personal messages to the member that had posted the information.  Due to the volume of posts and members this is now impractical.  Messages in breach will simply be deleted and this notice posted.  We apologise for any inconvenience caused but are sure you will appreciate the importance of this issue.

-

I thought I had found him in 1881, under PAMPLIN, but there it doesn't match, as there is a Charles Pamplin in 1891, which matches up with the dates too.

Help please.  :)

Paul.
Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Paflin
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 December 06 20:54 GMT (UK) »
Hello Paul,
strange to have two unsual names like that.
I have gone back to 1871 to see if we can sort this.

Charles Pamplin aged 5 - parents Robert and Elizabeth born Castle Hedingham

Charles Pamphlin aged 3 -parents James and Eliza born Sible Hedingham (written as Pamphlin)

Charles Tamplin (transcribed but looks like Pamplin) aged 3 - parents Joseph and Sarah  born Sible Hedingham

best wishes
heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:01 GMT (UK) »
It's not my tree, it's a friends. I need someone to blame for having such an awkward name, so I'll blame her.  :)
Norfolk: Chapman, Berry, Jarvis, Seymour, Bennett, Lambert, Harrison, Theobald, Eggleton, Studwell, Griggs, Chapman, Berry, Pearman, Largen, Largent, Hillson, Secker, Blowers, Stringer, Cooke<br />Suffolk: Berry, Bury, Elger, Alger<br />Essex: Fuller<br />Hertfordshire: Fuller, Filler, Blackaby, Gibbs<br />Cambridgeshire: Bouch, Savage,<br />Huntingdonshire: Savage<br />Lincolnshire: Graves, Whiley, Pearson, Allen, Randall<br />Northamptonshire: Green<br />Middlesex: Oakley, Secker

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:22 GMT (UK) »
I am a bit confused!

Charles Pamplin (Castle Hedingham) parents Robert and Elizabeth living Great Coggleshall
Charles Pamplin (Sible Hedningham) parents James and Eliza is living Little Maplestead Essex
Charles Pamplin (Hedingham) parents Joseph and Sarah living Gosfield

Charles Pamplin born c 1866 (born Castle Hedingham) is in Halstead Essex -spouse Cecilia
Charles Pamplin b c 1868 Sible Hedingham is a lodger in West Thurrock
Charles Paflin b c 1868 Sible Hedingham married to Alice in Halstead

Your friend has a lot to answer for!!

Offline paulbarrett1984

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:24 GMT (UK) »
I should think Paflin is the Anglicisation of something else, but the question is WHEN it changed, and WHERE from!

Silly woman! Why can't she be a Smith?

Offline grlune

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Grandad - John Gibbons (1920-2008)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:31 GMT (UK) »
Hi Paul and Heywood

I checked FREEBMD and searched for Paflins around 1867  and found:

Charles Paflin birth registered SEP quarter 1867, Halstead district
John Paflin birth registered MAR quarter 1865,  Halstead district

Also found marriage of Charles Paflin to Alice Rayner or Raynes JUN quarter 1890, Halstead district

Assuming Charles and John are brothers two I have found them (ages 14 and 17 respectively - fits in with the above dates and birthplace given as Sible Hedingham) on the 1881 census at Ancestry.co.uk but transcribed under Pamplin  and living with parents James and Eliza which fits in with Heywoods 1871 find under Pamphlin.  There is another sibling with the family, Emma aged 19.  

Good chance this is them but I think the only way to confirm this is to order one of the birth certifictates or the marriage certificate of Charles Paflin (which would give fathers name).

Regards, Graham

NAMES & PLACES OF INTEREST:

EDWIN/MOISEY - Evesham (Worcs) and Birmmingam (Warks)
GIBBONS/GURNEY - Rugby (Warks),  Hackney (London)
HUGHES - Bromsgrove (Worcs)
LEACH/HEYWOOD/STANLEY/CATHRO - Toronto (Ontario, CANADA)
LUNE/LOON/LOONE - Birmingham, Fillongley and Coleshill (Warks), Nelson (Lancs)
VINCENT/HUNTER - Bloxham (Oxon), Kenilworth (Warks) and Huyton, Roby near Liverpool

*Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:32 GMT (UK) »
1901 has a Charles Pamplin married to Alice (!!) living in West Thurrock with children Ada, Fred and Harry. Is that the one?

Thanks Graham- had seen the birth which does point to Paflin and thought about the same family (surely must be) and there is also an older Charles but what a puzzle.

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 03 December 06 21:44 GMT (UK) »
http://pamplin.net/pamplin/chapter1.htm has reference to Pamplin (from Pamploma) your friend might well be interested in it - variations mention Pafylon.