Author Topic: MILLARD, Walcot  (Read 11688 times)

Offline pamelamillard

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
MILLARD, Walcot
« on: Wednesday 17 November 04 09:12 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for a john millard who was a Miller in Walcot in about 1838. He is father of my ancestor John Millard a confectioner living in Margarets Place, Walcot, who married Elizabeth Compton in walcot parish church on 16th april 1838
Abbott, Alexander, Alston, Bridges, Cole, French, Marven, Millard, Mortlock, Moss, Morse, Scotcher, Taylor, West,

Offline SteveSims

• I am sorry but my emails are not working.
  • RootsChat Member
  • English + Irish + Welsh + Scots + German = Aussie
    • View Profile
Re: MILLARD, WALCOT
« Reply #1 on: Friday 14 January 05 01:16 GMT (UK) »
I can't help - yet - but I'm also looking for MILLARD in Walcot. My ancestor was Sarah Jane MILLARD b. c1825 "Bath England" (place of birth given in Australia, so would be general and include Walcot).

Her parents were Thomas MILLARD (a bootmaker?) and Elizabeth BARRY, who reportedly married at Walcot 4 Dec 1814. Sarah Jane (and family?) went to NSW c1839; she at least being a free emigrant.

That's all I have so far. I'll let you know if I come across your MILLARD while seeking mine (and they may be the same family of course).

Cheers
Steve
My English ancestry from Berkshire Buckingham Cumberland Gloucester Hereford Hampshire Lancashire London Somerset Staffordshire Warwick Wiltshire Worcester Yorkshire ... so far

Offline SteveSims

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 14 January 05 02:21 GMT (UK) »
BTW there is a John Perry MILLARD of Walcot, a baker and confectioner for whom I have found refs from 1825-42. However he is the son of Thomas & Mary, and his wife is Ann in 1833-4.

Let me know if you have any interest in this one.

Cheers
Steve
My English ancestry from Berkshire Buckingham Cumberland Gloucester Hereford Hampshire Lancashire London Somerset Staffordshire Warwick Wiltshire Worcester Yorkshire ... so far

Offline castla

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 15 February 05 23:18 GMT (UK) »
This won't help any current posts, but I'd like to determine if Robert Millard, born about 1632, was born in northern Somerset, and immigrated to MA in the US about 1650. I have some reason to believe that my Millard family came from northern Somerset, but that a number of Millards stayed in Somerset

Offline CatherineAnne

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 24 March 05 05:16 GMT (UK) »
John Perry MILLARD, of Walcot was my 2xgreat-grandfather, his wife was Ann FELTHAM and his parents were Thomas MILLARD and Mary Eleanor PERRY.  I would be happy to share information with anyone else descended from this family, some of whom will be in Australia, as Ann and some of her children went there

Offline SteveSims

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 25 March 05 19:20 GMT (UK) »
Good to see these various Walcot MILLARDs showing up. I have not yet found a connection to any others yet, but that would not surprise when I can get back a bit further.

I have just transcribed Walcot BTs for MILLARD 1819-33 - not yet in the computer but I hope to find time soon. Until then I'm happy to check for events. For example you probably already have this marriage:

John Perry MILLARD, OTP, B; Ann FELTHAM, OTP, S.
Married in church by licence 6 Mar 1831, by Gauis BARRY Curate.
(signed) John Perry MILLARD, Ann FELTHAM.
(witnesses) John SILCOCK, Sarah FELTHAM.

Have you seen the PERRY genealogy at Somerset Archives?
http://www.somerset.gov.uk/archives/

A catalogue search on words Perry and Millard (using And option for words in fields) turns up 7 hits, first 6 of which are relevent - leases, mortgages, etc. that identify Mary Eleanor's parents John & Mary, sister Sarah, uncle Isaac, cousin John - thats just from the indexes.

I'll post my own lot soon - so far back to Thomas MILLARD b 1794, son of Thomas & Sarah, and brother of John b 1792. Thomas junior was a shoemaker of which there seem to be a disproportionate number in Walcot.

Steve

Offline bolton

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 14 April 06 15:48 BST (UK) »
Hi
I was interested to see this family living at St Margarets Place Walcot.Not because I am related just that I also lived at Walcot at one time.
So I looked on my 1841 census and this was the only Millard folks on there.
Lucina Millard age 20  Halfmoon street
Robert Millard age  0   Halfmoon street

William Millard age 70 Lab  Tyning Lane
Mary Milliard  age   65         Tyning Lane

Joseph Millard age 43 Shoemaker Richmond Place
Sarah Millard  age  35                    Richman Place
Matilda Millard  age 14
James Millard  age 12
Henry Millard   age 6
Sarah Millard   age  4

Hope that this may help you all in some way.
Kind regards Chris.
This information is crown copyright, from
"http://www.national archives.gov.uk"

Offline cathayb

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 17 May 08 15:52 BST (UK) »
we have millards in keynsham and saltford.thomas millard we beleive came from glos he married a hillier a local girl.they had a large family amonst whom was florence millard who had a child ourt of wedlock and called him leslie thomas.so far ours all around the 1880s to 1890s working as agricultural workers.i beleive one of the family early 1800s died a unpleasant death by drowning at a ripe old age.his name was thomas hicks millard.i also have a interest in the cook family that married into the millards.old fred cook is said to have died in saltford river and has an open verdict on his death!he apparently lived in an old wagon down by the bird in hand there and was a very good artist.cathayb
birchs taylors penfold orchard hughes all romany gypsies in the west country

Offline harfmt

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MILLARD, Walcot
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 23 August 08 14:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine Anne

I have an Eleanor Perry in my line -
b. 12 Apr 1802,
d. 8 Dec 1883.
She married William Whereat on 12 Dec 1826 in Walcot Bath Somerset.
Eleanor and William's son Isaac (1842-1917) moved to Australia some time before 1872 when he was married to Elizabeth Murdock in New South Wales, Aus.

Do you know if Thomas MILLARD and Mary Eleanor PERRY have any relation to Eleanor Perry. I don't have any information on her family.

Kind Regards
Joanne