Author Topic: 1800 Bocking look-up please  (Read 2981 times)

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Grandfather Bryant 1897
    • View Profile
Re: 1800 Bocking look-up please
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday 26 December 06 10:59 GMT (UK) »
And lo & behold..................

Elizabeth Tiffen christianed 3rd Sept 1804 St Andrew, Halstead, Essex....about 4 or 5 miles from Middleton and the only one in Essex for the period concerned!
parents..........John & Elizabeth Tiffen

john tiffen c.31ST march 1807
abigail tiffen c. 4th april 1809
joseph tiffen c.16th april 1811

parents john & elizabeth..........christenings took place at St Andrews, Halstead

still a theory........

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline petey22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Charles Bocking Rogers & sons, Hendon1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday 26 December 06 13:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bryant :-X

I see you've been busy, thanks for all your efforts. Yes it was a good wiskey, not much left now, only a woozty head. :-\
Elizabeth Tiffen ( nee - Bocking ) looks a very good candidate indeed. like I said the only info I had on my Elizabeth is ;
1 birth - Middleton,Essex (census records ) from Lauren Rogers down under
   in Australia
2 died - 21-8-1877 aged 77 giving a birth as c1800 ?( death certificate ) from
   my cousin Steve.
3 married 30-7-1830 giving age as 21 in 1830 so born 1809 ?. Lauren has told me that not all info on marriage/death certs was always correct.

So what do we have ? Elizabeth Tiffin born around the right time and the right place ....... 3 kids one dies young........2 kids left........no more kids after 1825.....they seem to dissapear 1841...... father possibly dies.......Elizabeth can re-marry ......all good.
If she re-marries what happens to Charles and James ? they would be 9 and 5  years old if my muzzy head is working correctly.

I do believe now that young Charles Bocking Rogers was born in wedlock         (born   2-6-1831)  info from Lauren

How do you find all this info so quickly ????

all the best
Pete
Sudbury Suffolk, Bocking/Braintree Essex, Hendon/Bethnal green Middx.

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 12:29 GMT (UK) »
Hello Pete and bye bye Christmas for another year

The info on the Parish records comes from the LDS site... http://www.familysearch.org/
its how you use it (the site) that saves time........search...IGI section....
1/ if you know the father/mother name.....input them.....if you don't but have the person you are looking for's name and where they was born......find it if it's there? ...........once found, enter the parents name and input a question mark in the child's christian name and lo & behold you get the children of the parents!

Your next move...........a new post requesting info from the NBI (NATIONAL BURIAL INDEX) on James Bocking ie did he die 1824-1830 at Sudbury or local area Suffolk......

On the Parish record of the marriage between Elizabeth Bocking & William Rogers in 1830 their would have been witnesses................
1/ who are they?
2/ does it state spinster or widow, bachelor or widower?
3/ the banns would have been read on three consecutive Sundays (immediately prior) to marrying, do they reveal anything

you say the parish record reveals Elizabeth's age as 21.........that's unusual, it normally states of adult age ie above 21.........or a minor ie below 21.........does it mention William's age?

and remember, as yet..............this is just a theory

Bryant
Researching names BRYANT (Camberwell), PASTERFIELD (Essex and all), RAY (Holborn/Islington areas back to Brentford), POWELL (Glouc & beyond?)
Fletcher (Glouc into Warwickshie into Lancs?), BUCKLEY (Chatham area), Watson (Chatham area).

Offline Bryant

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 13:24 GMT (UK) »
WARNING[/color][/b]

William & Elizabeth are extremely common names for the period ......... however ............. their are a family of Bocking's in the area.........I will have a look at 1841 to see if they are still around?

ALL SAINTS, SUDBURY

WILLIAM BOCKING  B/C 17TH DEC 1827........parents WILLIAM & ELIZABETH

SUSAN BOCKING  C. 5TH AUG 1829.............."                        "         "

1831/32
CHARLES BOCKING B. 19TH OCT 1831....C. 1ST JULY 1832      "        "

JAMES BOCKING B. 7TH APRIL 1834....C. 11TH MAY 1834        "         "

ANN BOCKING   C. 18TH DEC 1836                                          "          "

SARAH ELLEN BOCKING  B. 7TH SEPT 1838...C. 25TH NOV 1838 "        "

Offline petey22

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Charles Bocking Rogers & sons, Hendon1903
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 27 December 06 14:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bryant

I've put in a request in at Suffolk Look-ups for James Bocking, so I'm hoping for a reply.

I've made the same boo-boo that steve has made . I have a copy of William and Elizabeths sons wedding certificate/parish record ,  William Bocking Rogers and Christiana Lee stating there ages as both 21..........oops. sorry for the mis-information. I must get hold of William and Elizabeths parish record of marriage.
thanks for the look-up tips on family search.org I'll be using them from now on. I'll be taking a good look at http://nzsghamilton.co.nz/england.htm too , when time and the kids permit.
all the best
Pete
Sudbury Suffolk, Bocking/Braintree Essex, Hendon/Bethnal green Middx.