Author Topic: Local knowledge: Cadwell Rd., Paington  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Timbottawa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alice Baldwin Yarborough circa 1920
    • View Profile
Local knowledge: Cadwell Rd., Paington
« on: Wednesday 17 November 04 13:36 GMT (UK) »
I have discovered one of my father's cousins, about whom he knew nothing.  The gentleman in question died in 1986 while living on Cadwell Rd., Paignton (no. 7).  His wife continued to live at the same address until her death in 2000.

I am quite anxious to learn if they have any living children, and was hoping that it might be possible to talk to a neighbour who might have such information.  I haven't been able to find a web site where you can search for a phone number by address, so I was hoping that some kind soul who lives in or near Paignton might be able to help me out with a name.  Or ... if there IS a web site where you can search for a phone number by address only, I'd be interested to learn of it.

Many thanks

Tim
Boyle, Butler, Yarborough, Baldwin, Midwood, McHale, Carter, Noble, Kay, Raper, Greenwood, Swift

Offline KathyM

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Local knowledge: Cadwell Rd., Paington
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 13:41 GMT (UK) »
You could try  www.192.com
~~~~~~~~

Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Ardill,  Bourke/Burke, Bellwood, Bridge, Cain, Church, Cragg,  Dennell, Dunning, Gough, Haslam, Holmes, Jessop, Kidson/Kitson, Knowles, Markwick, Martin, Munden, Nickerson, Robinson,  Seddon, Whittle, Varley & Walpole.

Areas: Yorkshire, Lancashire, Norfolk, Marylebone & Tipperary

Offline Timbottawa

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Alice Baldwin Yarborough circa 1920
    • View Profile
Re: Local knowledge: Cadwell Rd., Paington
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 17 November 04 14:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, KathyM,

It's GBP 25 to use 192.com.  That sounds even worse in Canadian dollars - more than $50.  Are you sure I can search by address only?  I'd hate to pay that much only to find that it doesn't work!!

Cheers

Tim
Boyle, Butler, Yarborough, Baldwin, Midwood, McHale, Carter, Noble, Kay, Raper, Greenwood, Swift