Author Topic: BVRI/Parish Records Bitterley c. 1805 "George LLOYD"  (Read 1412 times)

Offline NicholasJB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
BVRI/Parish Records Bitterley c. 1805 "George LLOYD"
« on: Wednesday 10 January 07 01:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm looking for a George LLOYD, born about 1805 in Bitterley, Shropshire, England. I don't have any information on when he was christened or when he died. On 8 Nov 1828 he married Hannah BRIDGWATER(S) in Bitterley. His occupation was agricultural labourer and he appears (with wife and kids) in the 1841 census in Madeley, in the 1851 census in Linley and in the 1861 census in Aston. After that, I don't know what happened to him.

The census records indicate that he was born in Bitterley, so I'd be interested in finding his christening record.

Nicholas J. Bridgewater
England: Booth, Bridgewater, Brown, Buckley, Cooper, Hopley, Holt, Hughes, Kirkham, Laughton (Lawton/Lotton), Lewis, Stevenson, Tunley, Yates

Scotland: Eaton (Ayton), Bell, Carr, Carrie (Kerrie), Cobb, Fyfe, Kent, Miller, Ochterlony (Auchterlonie), Taylor

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: BVRI/Parish Records Bitterley c. 1805 "George LLOYD"
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 02:49 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nicholas JB, :)

Nearest I can find to your George,

Bitterley Parish Register.

27 Nov 1796 George, s. of Benjamin LLoyd and Susanna bap.

Stanton Lacy Parish Registers.

19 Feb 1808 George, s. of Richd & Ann Lloyd bap.

Happy hunting,
Pete, :) :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline NicholasJB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 13:59 GMT (UK) »
One of the censuses has him born circa 1808.

Do you think it is reasonable if I assume this is the same George Lloyd? Stanton Lacy and Bitterley are only 4.4 miles or 7.1 kilometres apart.

Nicholas
England: Booth, Bridgewater, Brown, Buckley, Cooper, Hopley, Holt, Hughes, Kirkham, Laughton (Lawton/Lotton), Lewis, Stevenson, Tunley, Yates

Scotland: Eaton (Ayton), Bell, Carr, Carrie (Kerrie), Cobb, Fyfe, Kent, Miller, Ochterlony (Auchterlonie), Taylor

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nick, :)

I would at least try it.  nothing suprises me anymore about what our ancestors got up to, It may be that he genuinely did not know where he was born, or even how old he is. As for distance. How far would he walk if he was an ag/lab working on a 400 acre farm.? .  4 miles would be nowt.

Will try to find a Bridgwater(s), that fits into the picture,

Pete. :) :) :)
Edwards, mainly Cound, Frodesely, Acton Burnell. Pitchford. and surrounding villages, Shropshire, /  Rowe, Cound, / Littlehales, Berrington, Shropshire / Radford, Dublin, /   Maguire, Acton Burnell, /  Rudge, Frodesely, /

Offline NicholasJB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 14:55 GMT (UK) »
What I would like to find out is if George Lloyd fathered any bastard children.

He married my ancestor, Hannah Bridgwaters in Bitterley on 8 Nov 1828, but she had already had two bastard children before hand: my great-great-great-grandfather, Thomas Bridgwater (b.c. 1823, ch. 14 Jan 1826) and his brother William Bridgwater.

The second William Bridgwater was baptized on 2 March 1828 only eight months before his mother married George Lloyd.

If there was only some way I could find out if George Lloyd was paying for her either of her bastard children......

Nicholas

Offline NicholasJB

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 10 January 07 17:11 GMT (UK) »
I've been looking for the father of George LLOYD, Richard LLOYD.  I can't seem to find any christening info for him in IGI.

There was a Richard Lloyd who married an Ann Jones in Stokesay on 29 May 1796, so I'm assuming this is the marriage of his parents?  I found an Ann Jones who was christened in Stokesay in 1760, daughter of John Jones and Mary. I found a John Jones on IGI who married a Mary Broomwell in Stokesay on 22 November 1745 in Stokesay. There was a John Jones who was born in 1711 in Stokesay, son of Roberti Jones and Joannae. I hope I'm not going up the wrong tree with all of this.

I would like to find Richard LLOYD's christening though. Perhaps he was born somewhere else....

Nicholas J. Bridgewater

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 12 January 07 08:10 GMT (UK) »

Interesting ! I have come to a halt looking for Robert LLOYD  who married Mary Passey [b 1797] in Stokesay in 1820.

WOnder if there is a conenction.

They turn up in Greete baptising their children Mary and William in 1826 and disappear.

Offline pete edwards

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Friday 12 January 07 08:52 GMT (UK) »
Hi EBN :)

01 Jun 1820 Robert Loyd & Mary Passey. Wit: Thomas Tomkins, Penelope Taylor.

Bromfield Parish Registers.

03 Jul 1797 ,Mary Maria, d. of Thomas Passey & Sally bap.

This is the nearest Robert I can see round the area of a birth date to to match a possible marriage in 1820

Diddlebury Parish Registers.

04 Oct 1794 Robert Lloyd, s. of John Morgan & Catharine.

Best wishes.
Pete :) :)

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 12 January 07 09:22 GMT (UK) »
I have always hoped to find Robert or Mary or both in 1841, or even the children but no joy so far.