Author Topic: PASCOE-Cornwall  (Read 2190 times)

Offline GILL77

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
PASCOE-Cornwall
« on: Thursday 11 January 07 20:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi I am trying to find the parents of THOMAS PASCOE bp 2 NOV 1744 in GERRANS. He married ALICE SNELL and had 5 children called ALICE, JENNIFER, WILLIAM, THOMAS & JOHN. I believe he may have been called SOLOMAN. I would be very grateful of any help. Thankyou.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
Re: Pascoe-Cornwall
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 11 January 07 21:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi GILL77,

Welcome to RootsChat. Have you seen the Gerrans Site? I see Thomas's baptism does not list a mothers name and unfortunately for you there appears to be 3 marriages of Soloman's 1737-1744............Kris  :)

http://www.rootsweb.com/~enggerop/
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline GILL77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 11 January 07 21:19 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou.  :)Yes I have looked at the Gerrans site. The three marriages are to Jane Pady on 7 May 1737, Thomasin stevens 3 Sept 1737 & Mary Gibbs 17 Jun 1744. I have really hit a brick wall here! I will have to try to eliminate them some how.

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 11 January 07 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Yes I see you certainly have a problem. Does not appear to be any Wills listed either and sadly Thomas has not used any of these names for his children to perhaps lend a clue as to his parentage. No marital status listed if it is just one Soloman not having a lot of luck with his wives. Also no certain burials which may have excluded some of these possible parents appear to be listed. Only one burial for Soloman listed in the right time frame which would make me think more on the line of choice number 3 just before Thomas's Birth but that is only complete guesswork.. ::) Unfortunately the further we try to go back the less information the records contain if we are lucky enough to find any records at all.....Sorry I couldn't be more help.....Kris  :'(

Offline GILL77

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 11 January 07 21:59 GMT (UK) »
Thankyou very much you have been very helpful. I have only found records of 2 Soloman Pascoe's baptisms 26 May 1699/26 May 1715 so perhaps one of them was married twice (it didn't even occur to me before you suggested it!).

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 11 January 07 22:25 GMT (UK) »
I just see there actually is another Soloman deaths other than 1764 one in the right time frame (under Pasco 1762) ...so can't rule out any of the marriages really.  :-\ Until the forms came out in 1754 you don't generally see marital status mentioned (apart from a wife who may list as Mrs such and such.) which is why I wondered if it may have been just one Soloman though two in the same year would seem a little excessive. The Gerrans site is very comprehensive. I would have liked to see deaths to match if it is just one Soloman with 3 wives. There is a Jane listed in 1741 but no Thomasin listing under any variant that I can spot. If you look at baptisms under Pasco you will see more options of Soloman's born about the right time (and also some earlier burials to account for some-Pasco and Pascoe-Looks like a birth and death in 1719 cancel each other out  ;)). It Appears Soloman was rather a common name among the Pascoe's of Gerrans ......Kris  :)