Author Topic: Graham's of Cumberland  (Read 100525 times)

Offline bejodo

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Graham's of Cumberland
« Reply #90 on: Wednesday 01 October 08 23:57 BST (UK) »
I am looking for information on John Graham, born circa 1824 to Eliza (nee Bird) and William Graham.  They left Maryport for New Brunswick, Canada, in the early 1830s.

Does anyone have these names and/or dates in their family tree?  Census records from 1841 Ellenborough and 1851 Maryport have given me some POSSIBLE family links, but nothing solid.

Beth in Canada

Offline shanehudson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 16:46 GMT (UK) »
Bumped in case a Graham/Grame has this thread on auto-notify.

I am looking for information on a Mary Graham (b: 1802) possibly daughter of Thomas Graham (Grame) and Sarah Kail in or around Whitehaven.  She married Andrew Hudson and immigrated to Canada around 1820.  Anybody have common Graham ancestors?

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 18:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi bejodo and shane
Welcome to rootschat.  If you do not get a response on this post it might be a good idea to start a fresh post on the Cumberland look up board.     Another option is to send a personal message to the other Graham researchers.  You do need three posts before you can do that though.
I hope you manage to make contact.
Andrea

Offline shanehudson

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 18:29 GMT (UK) »
Much appreciated.  I have done that very thing, earlier today.  I just figured with all the Cumberland Graham discussion in this thread, someone might see it if I posted here and triggered 100 "notify me" messages.  :D

Offline HiFly

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday 09 December 08 18:35 GMT (UK) »
Well trigger was set off - so that worked!!   ;)

Got a few Grahams in Cumberland , got Wright rellies who where in St John, NB but who travelled the other way in 1840's to Liverpool - but no connection unfortunately to yours (at present) - will keep this in my "to watch" list.

Good luck on your Graham hunt!

KENNEDY - Bewcastle/Stapleton, Cumberland
& Haltwhistle, Northumberland
VALLIS/VALLAS/VILLIS - Everywhere in UK
SHAW - Liverpool
WRIGHT - Canada & Liverpool
ELLIS - Wiltshire & India
FUCHS/BRUNEDER - Austria
CMYRAL - Bohemia

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: Friday 04 December 09 08:34 GMT (UK) »
The following was sent to me in error by "Razzy" as a Report to Moderator
Grahams of Eaglesfield. I am looking for more information on George Graham and his wife Margaret. I have misplaced what information I had. They started to raise a family there around 1813 or earlier. I do not yet know from where George came from and Margarets' maiden name, and, where they were married
I am assuming it should be on this board and hope he/she will pick it up here and respond by clicking the Reply button below the post.   
Andrea

Offline cundy

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: Friday 04 December 09 15:29 GMT (UK) »

HI papamoa,
                      Any info on ANNE GRAHAM b abt 1806 Scaleby m 1833 to Joseph JOHNSTONE. and MARGARET GRAHAM b abt 1781 Edmuns Castle m 1808 to THOMAS HETHERINGTON
            cheers cundy.

Offline Rowanjay

• RootsChat Extra
  • Bess, Kate, Jane and Mary Anne Hopcraft
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday 19 January 10 14:28 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I have been looking for a very long time for Gr Grandfather  Thomas Graham born Irthington circ1822
married Elizabeth (?)  born circa 1832

they moved to Haltwhistle northumberland

any one got details>? I have hit a brick wall here
Coleborn, Edwards, Gaddes, Geddes, Glanvill, Graham, Holmes, Hopcraft, Southam,

Offline Razzy

• RootsChat Member
  • ...and so, will someone when I am dead and gone wr
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: Monday 22 February 10 17:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Tansylee,
i guess I am three years late. In my own research I came across  a John Graham mason of Egremont marrying a Grace Wilkinson on December 24th, 1792 in Cockermouth, Cumberland, England; FHL #1472292 with banns.
I have started researching the Grahams of Cumberland to get information on my Graham side of the family. Does anyone have information about the Grahams of Egremont. My mother Mary was a Graham, her father John Ewart Graham born in 31 December 1886 was an Iron Ore miner at the Florence Pit all his life, and his father William Graham born in Egremont in 1859 was also an Iron Ore miner. I do believe that Williams father was also a William, and was also an Iron Ore miner, but to date I have not been very successful in establishing that. What I do know is that 'my Grahams' were all from the Egremont and St.Bees area, right back to the early part of the 1800's. There is a Liverpool connection too in that a Graham went to work in service in Liverpool - that could be George who was born in 1858, or a daughter called Minon. Can anyone help?
Laure (France);
Graham (Cumberland, England/Grahamsfield, Scotland), Taylor (Orkney);
Rogan, Johnston, McKinney, Irwin, Hamilton (Ireland);
Masters (Wiltshire, England).
Houldsworth (Sheffield, Middlesex)