Author Topic: Wrexham Relative Records  (Read 2199 times)

Offline eegneg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Wrexham Relative Records
« on: Saturday 20 November 04 22:19 GMT (UK) »
The Wrexham CB appears to have records that may be relatives of mine.  There is an Edward Daniel, born in 1848 (RBN/009/22), who may be my ggranddad plus a Joseph Daniel, born in 1843 (RBN/005/38) who may be the older brother of Edward.  These men may be the same ancestors I know as Edward Daniels and Joseph Daniels.  The birth years are right.

If anyone can review these records and let me know if either or both have parent's names of Edward and Elizabeth, it would be helpful.  I could order the correct birth certificates.  Likewise, if anyone has access to the 1851 and 1861 Censuses, a lookup of this family would be a great assist.

Many thanks.
Edward Daniels/Daniel b. 25Mar1848 maybe in Denbighshire, Cefn Mawr area. Father: Edward. Mother: Elizabeth. [Bro: Joseph b. 1843, Cefn, m. Mary Jones, Jos' son: Llewellyn, born 1881, Chirk.]  Edward emigrated to US (Ohio) before 1874.  Info re: Edward and earlier family appreciated.  Geographically challenged and mostly clueless (hence eeg - neg).

Offline Llosgi Calch

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census Info Crown Copyright of National Archives
    • View Profile
Re: Wrexham Relative Records
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 23 January 05 10:51 GMT (UK) »
On the Census of 7th June 1841 in Wrexham Town...

At Seven Bridge Lane, Wrexham. (off Holt Street)

Edward Daniel, 21, stone mason, born of this county - yes.

Could this chap be Edwards father, & in turn be your great, great grandfather ?

The only other 'Daniel' recorded as being in Wrexham in 1841 is...

Pamila Daniel, 12, born of this county -yes, family servant at Charles Street.
Could this be a possible sister to Edward the stone mason ?

I trust this may help you...
Lewis - Minera, Denbighshire & Llanerfyl, Montgomeryshire.<br />Davies - Llanfair Dyffryn Clwyd, Denbighshire.<br />Williams - Llanynys, Denbighshire.<br />Roberts - Cerrigydrudion, Denbighshire.<br />Clark(e) & Price - Wrecsam, Denbighshire.