Author Topic: service records  (Read 993 times)

Offline bea 1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
service records
« on: Tuesday 30 January 07 12:38 GMT (UK) »
hi  i'm new to this so please bare with me trying to find info on my  father in law deceased , only  know his date of birth .and he was a dog handler in military police not much to go on ,we do know he was in egypt in the war . His dogs name was winston .Not sure if i should put his name here or not .

Offline harribobs

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: service records
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 30 January 07 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Bea

I think we'd have more chance with his name than the dogs!

which war?

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 30 January 07 13:24 GMT (UK) »
hi bea and welcome to rootschat,

put his name up and you never know someone here might be able to help and also as harribobs has also said, what war are you referring too.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline bea 1

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 31 January 07 11:05 GMT (UK) »
hello again sorry for the last message i forgot to put the name .his name is JAMES HARDY military police . WW2 i have his date of birth not sure if to put it on the board ,( I'M NEW TO ALL THIS) SO PLEASE EXCUSE ME ,any help will be grateful,he came from sunderland tyne wear.born 1907.                                                             thank you bea

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 31 January 07 11:29 GMT (UK) »
morning Bea,

You can obtain a copy of your late father in law's service records by going to http://www.veteransagency.mod.uk/service_records
it will cost something like £30.00 (I could be well out on the price here but the site will advise on costing) and there can be a lengthy wait. If the link above does not work go to www.veteransagency.mod.uk and click on the right hand side of the home page where it says "service records". details are on the site re address to send too and information needed etc. Hope this helps, and don't worry about being a newbie we all were at some stage.

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop