Author Topic: Mary Ann Jopson - Victoria  (Read 888 times)

Offline joppo1968

• RootsChat Veteran
  • 4 x GGrandfather Joseph Boultbee (1758-1821)
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Jopson - Victoria
« on: Thursday 01 February 07 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Me again!!

I had an ancestor, Mary Ann Jopson who left Tasmania with 4 of her children to Victoria, after her husband died in a drowning accident in Dec 1876. Any ideas how I can track down when & which ship they went to Vic? I'm not sure how soon after Dec 1876 it was. I've tracked them down in Vic post 1900 but would be rapt to find out their tracks post 1876 & prior early 1900. I have the easy requests huh? Not! I've had no luck at the library with this thus far.

Thanks again.
Jopson, Jubb, Jeffrey, Beardsworth, Boultbee, Byard, Pithers, Sale, Dowling, Dunn, Harrison, Offor, McDonald, Morgan, Walters, Wise. Alexander, Bayne, Collins, Dalton, Hill, Turner, Ripper, Vivash, Collins.

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Jopson - Victoria
« Reply #1 on: Monday 05 February 07 05:40 GMT (UK) »

Sorry about late reply,  but i cant see anything for he on the pioneer index,  1836 - 1888,  only entries fir James (birth) and Cicely's marriage to Charles - they are the only Jopsons /Topsons that i could see

Craizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Jopson - Victoria
« Reply #2 on: Monday 05 February 07 11:26 GMT (UK) »
hello  there

jopson are few and far between  on  the  indexs
this  is   one that  might be of  interest to  you

Lucy Vanstone born 1896 ref 16057 at WCHIP parents Geo Edwin Vanstone father Mary Ann Jopson Mother

regards jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au