Author Topic: Simmons Family of Ballinasloe  (Read 2181 times)

Offline Sparkz

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Simmons Family of Ballinasloe
« on: Saturday 03 February 07 18:41 GMT (UK) »
I am new to this site & am trying to find information on my family.  Their name was Simmons.  My great grandparents were Thomas Simmons and Eleanora McMahon Glynn Simmons.  Her first husband was a Glynn.  Her 2nd was Thomas Simmons.  She died in Ballinasloe in July 1910 before she was able to follow her husband Thomas, who came to America in 1908.

My grandmother was Josephine Mary(Maria) Simmons, she was born in "The Square" in Ballinasloe, County Galway, in 1889.  They owned the Pub in The Square by St. Michael's Church.  They sold it to the Jenkins family around1913 when my grandmother left for the U.S.

If anyone has any information on their family I would really appreciate it.
Thanks
Mike

Offline Christopher

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • 1939 - 2009
    • View Profile
Re: Simmons Family of Ballinasloe
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 January 08 19:15 GMT (UK) »
Hello Mike,

There's one listing for Simmons in the 1855 Griffiths Valuation extracts on John Hayes failteromhat.com website.

Henry Simmons, Newtown Smith, St. Nicholas, Galway

Christopher

Offline Limgal

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Simmons Family of Ballinasloe
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 22 January 08 10:00 GMT (UK) »
Roger McDonnell and his team have done excellent work transcribing the 1901 census records. This is from his site www.leitrim-roscommon.com.

It lists one Simmons family for Ballinasloe and they`re living in the Market Square.

"Simmons Thomas(46) carpenter/born Co.Dublin Ellen(43) wife-Mary Anne Glynn(21) dtr./not married-Patrick Leo(13)-Josephine May(11)-Michael J.(10)-John(7)-Anthony(3) "

Limgal