Author Topic: Medal Help please  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Louise80

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Medal Help please
« on: Sunday 04 February 07 13:20 GMT (UK) »
I was speaking to my brother this morning and he mentioned that he was entitled to the Queens Jubilee medal as he has served during the Queens 50 year reign. He was never issued one so how will he go about getting one?

Offline neil1821

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Medal Help please
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 04 February 07 13:31 GMT (UK) »
Louise,
I take it this is the Queens Jubilee medal of 2002 you're referring to?

Entitlement was to members of the Armed Forces who had completed 5 years' service on 6 February 2002.

Neil
Name interests: Boulton, Murrell, Lock, Croxton, Skinner, Blewett, Tonkin, Trathen.
Military History & Medals

Offline Thudnut

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I'm not a complete idiot - some parts are missing.
    • View Profile
Re: Medal Help please
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 04 February 07 17:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Louise,
taken from: http://www.stephen-stratford.co.uk/coronation.htm

The Golden Jubilee 2002 medal will be issued to the following personnel:

* All personnel who are in paid effective military service with the Royal Navy, Royal Marines, Army and Royal Air Force on 6 February 2002, who have completed 5 calendar years service and were enlisted on or before 7 February 1997.
    * All personnel who are in effective military service with the Volunteer Reserve Forces on 6 February 2002, completed five annual bounty earning training years and were enlisted on or before 7 February 1997. One of the bounty years must have been the year 2001-2002.
    * A member of the Regular Reserves who is in military service on 6 February 2002 become eligible if their aggregated Regular and Voluntary service amounts to the 5 year qualification period.
    * Any member of the Military Provost Guard Service whose MPGS paid service equates to the 5 year qualifying period.
    * Contracted Royal Fleet Auxiliary personnel in service on 6 February 2002 who have completed the 5 years qualifying period.
    * Cadet Officers and Cadet Adult Instructors with a total of 5 training years service, providing the service period includes 6 February 2002 and they are part of an established post. The person must have started on or before 7 February 1997 and the year 2001-2002 must be part of the service period.
    * A member of the 'front line' emergency services, accessed via the telephone number 999, who have completed a minimum of 5 years reckonable service on 6 February 2002. The emergency services include the Police, Fire and Ambulance Services, the Coastguard, Royal National Lifeboat Institution and Mountain Rescue services.

Thudders
Dixon - London/Liverpool
Morris - Liverpool
Williams - Liverpool
Hill - Gloucester
Walker - London
Nelson - Liverpool
Martin - Gloucester
Simcock - Liverpool