Author Topic: Edwin Jagan Brice, Shoreditch  (Read 762 times)

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Edwin Jagan Brice, Shoreditch
« on: Tuesday 06 February 07 12:45 GMT (UK) »
Please can someone help my friend, she sent me this info to put on here to see if anyone can help  her at all

Edwin jagan brice and Florence hearn Brice nee Fitch but born young [adopted by john and mary fitch]
Both born appox 1875 in london,living in shoreditch/hackney.children charlotte young [florences daughter] edwin joseph brice1904 and florence esther brice 1902.
Edwin was a mineral water traveller ??

Edwin was the son of joseph and esther brice and i would love to know when he died and whom his children married..he was the brother of my nans mother isabel

Thanks in advance

My email is not working sorry
Illsley, Lloyd, Blackford, Bowles, Lear, Wain, Moss Foleshill, Dudley, Nuneaton, Stratford,

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
Re: Edwin Jagan Brice, Shoreditch
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 12:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi Mintola,

The birth, marrige and death indexes can be viewed here:
http://www.ancestry.co.uk/search/rectype/vital/freebmd/bmd.aspx

Might look like a gigantic task at first, given that you need to view each quarter of each year but ... at least, it's free and you are looking for pretty rare names  :D
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 12:58 GMT (UK) »
thanks, she's a paid member of ancestry at the moment, so maybe she can't find any info and that is why she asked me to put a note on here?
Illsley, Lloyd, Blackford, Bowles, Lear, Wain, Moss Foleshill, Dudley, Nuneaton, Stratford,

Offline Tati

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Ephraim's daughter to infinity & beyond
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 13:06 GMT (UK) »
Whether she's a member of ancestry or not is actually irrelevant as far as the index search is concerned. For events not covered by freebmd (coverage charts are here: http://freebmd.org.uk/progress.shtml) it has to be done 'manually' - quarter by quarter and year by year. Are you saying she has already done it?  :)
 "My dear, I think the English pronounce it 'appiness"  

I'm afraid of no ghost

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 February 07 13:12 GMT (UK) »
sorry, I have absolutely no idea lol! I have forwarded your info to her anyway, I am assuming she's searched but really don't know, she is a member of this but has forgotten all her login info so asked me to do this for her!

Offline mintola1964

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 February 07 12:34 GMT (UK) »
here's the info my friend sent me today

I have edwin on all the census from living with his parents to his last one with his wife and daughter and step daughter..i have his marriage certificate and i guessed at the edwin joseph brice birth in 1904 being their son..ordered the certificate and it was the right guess phew..so after this i have nothing..my nan never knew he existed [he was her uncle] so i dont know when he died,what became of his children etc..how he and florence got these unusual middle names jagon and hearn etc etc its so frustrating..maybe they went abroad but no one in my nans poor family ever left the uk.Im hoping some one sees the link and says Wow,someone is asking after our grandad

Hope this gives a little more info, thanks again