Author Topic: FreeBMD, busy or not?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
FreeBMD, busy or not?
« on: Monday 22 November 04 16:04 GMT (UK) »
FreeBMD are now posting helpful statistics to show you when you are more likely to be successful with a search.  It has a breakdown of the month and the previous day,  so you can judge the best time to use the service.

http://www.freebmd.org.uk/UsageInfo.html

Take a look,  it is very revealing,  and could save you some time and frustration.

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.

Offline tabitha

• I am sorry but my email address is not working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: FreeBMD, busy or not?
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 04 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for that Kazza....my computer and I fall out quite regularly about FreeBMD!!!......Now I'll know  ;D
Bevan, Hill, Tustin, Watkins, Teague (Herefordshire, Radnorshire). Rockett, Lillycrap, Govett, Gready, Saunders (Somerset). Sussex, Smale (Devon). Oliver, Kennedy, Cummings, Wright (Co. Durham). Farish (Cumberland, Scotland). Cox (London, Middlessex, Buckinghamshire).

Offline Adi1962

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 November 04 16:19 GMT (UK) »
Yep...I'll set my alarm to get up a 3am to do a look up  ;D

Still find the best time for me is between 8 and 10 am weekdays, have only had the busy message once during this time.  Actually I get the busy message all the time then, so best not try these times  ;)

Adrian
Currently researching
GODDEN, MARSH, WATERS & HUGHES Mid Kent
BUSHROD Mid Kent/Dorset,
FURMINGER Aylesford/Maidstone/Sittingbourne - Kent

visit http://www.Kent-opc.org

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 11:48 GMT (UK) »
Cant think why so many people have problems with Free B.M.D I never ave any ;D ;D ;D  and i use it a lot . The first page you see is The we are busy page, (but thats always there) Ask yourself these questions. .Are you scrolling down that page ??? Are you getting to Free B.M.D via a short cut in the history panel. ??? If so are you clicking on the right shortcut ??? which is Free B.M.D. Home page. ( not the results)I don't think the site likes shortcuts Actuaaaaaally ;D

Celia

P.S. :)When you get the real busy page it's locked so you cant get to the site and it doesn't scroll
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 12:10 GMT (UK) »
So Kazza if everyone looks at those statistics and finds the best time to log on to the site. Everyone will log on at that time and, back to square one they go ;D
Only Jo- Kin ;) What they are actually saying is that 99% of the problems are the users( or there computers) only 1% is thier's

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 24 November 04 01:55 GMT (UK) »
There has to be one benefit of living thousands of miles away from the family history and records - 3am GMT is quite a reasonable time of day in Australia. Now if someone could just scan everything at the PRO and put it online!

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk