Author Topic: marriage  (Read 14239 times)

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: marriage
« Reply #27 on: Monday 19 February 07 18:48 GMT (UK) »
Is this Margaret HARMISON ? If it's the Margaret HARMISON born 1855 at North Sunderland , Par of Bambrough, then her father was Andrew Harmison and her mother was Mary THOMPSON. Mary was born/bapt. 1822 parish of Belford
Margaret married John QUINN(born) Parish of Bywell. thats Bywell in the Tyne Valley and not the Bywell  near Alnwick.
they had a son John born Newcastle 1874
Sharmor

It's Margaret Harmeson christened 7 March 1852 Bamburgh extracted records parents James and Matilda.
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
  • My family tree is full of nuts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 18:55 GMT (UK) »
Berrington falls under Lowick or Ancroft parishes usually.  There was a RC community there.  The Berrington RC records (mostly baptisms but they give mother's maiden name usually) have been transcribed and are in Northumberland Archives.

Berrington Kyles - I don't know where that is, but a lot of places in Scotland are called Kyle of something or other. 

Hope that helps

Irene
Main, Rossiter, - Northumberland<br />Wibberley, Walwyn, Cadman, - Staffordshire<br />Saiger, Blackburn  - County Durham<br />

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 18:56 GMT (UK) »
In case you didn't know, Ellingham, Edglingham and Eglingham are all parishes and sometimes they are confused when transcribed in Ancestry.

Irene
Main, Rossiter, - Northumberland<br />Wibberley, Walwyn, Cadman, - Staffordshire<br />Saiger, Blackburn  - County Durham<br />

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Wednesday 21 February 07 21:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
just dawned on me - I don't know the area but thought I would browse and saw Kyloe - I would bet that it means Berrington, Kyloe. What do you think?
heywood

Offline sharmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Many records held at home for Tyne Valley area
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 22 February 07 08:04 GMT (UK) »
Berrington / Berrigton law is within the parish of Kyloe
Forster, Hall, Yielder ,Robson, Corbridge and st John lee/ parishes.  also researching Harmison/Harmieson. have lots of info on above

Offline sharmor

• RootsChat Extra
  • Many records held at home for Tyne Valley area
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 22 February 07 18:31 GMT (UK) »
Berrington falls under Lowick or Ancroft parishes usually.  There was a RC community there.  The Berrington RC records (mostly baptisms but they give mother's maiden name usually) have been transcribed and are in Northumberland Archives.

Berrington Kyles - I don't know where that is, but a lot of places in Scotland are called Kyle of something or other. 

Hope that helps

Irene
This is totally misleading information, Berrington falls under Lowick or Ancroft parishes Usually . How can it usually fall under two parishes.  it does not makes sense .

Berrington IS WITHIN THE PARISH OF Kyloe.you would spend and awful lot of wasted time had you been searching in the Parishes that she says it is in.

Forster, Hall, Yielder ,Robson, Corbridge and st John lee/ parishes.  also researching Harmison/Harmieson. have lots of info on above

Offline scully

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 22 February 07 20:27 GMT (UK) »
Thanks everyone for your input, I think we need to do some more digging to see if we can sort any of it out for James and Matilda.  As we know that Matilda Redpaths husband died in 1865  and she married twice more. And that we believe  the other James did,nt die till about 1905.

scully :-\

Offline heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Thursday 22 February 07 23:08 GMT (UK) »
well best of luck - perhaps it isn't as straightforward as we have presumed at times.
Get all your information together Scully - sort out what is definite from assumptions and presumptions and if we can help I am sure we will!
good luck
heywood

Offline Irene B

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Saturday 24 February 07 15:30 GMT (UK) »
I apologise if I misled you about Berrington's whereabouts.  Berrington RC records are listed under Ancroft parish on GENUKI.  Burials and marriages of people who appear in the Berrington RC registers often take place in Lowick.

I believe Lowick was originally a chapel in the Parish of Ancroft.