Author Topic: irvines/ mains of drum,new deer  (Read 12723 times)

Offline connor

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
irvines/ mains of drum,new deer
« on: Monday 19 February 07 20:45 GMT (UK) »
I have the marriage

William Irvine marrying Barbara Richesdon,

they married 29/4/1766,new deer.

we have a rough birth date for him 1740.and for her 1745.

he died 1805 and she died 14/2/1812.

where can i view ther death certificates?
will it say whom parents are theres?
how can i find correct dobs?

I think i have hit a brick wall.

help

amanda ;D :o :'(
Wallbank(warwickshire),Heather(bucks),Perrin(Bucks),Plewis(Kent) Coutts(aberdeenshire),le couture kick(Wales,Jersey)

Offline Little Nell

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: irvines/ mains of drum,new deer
« Reply #1 on: Monday 19 February 07 21:50 GMT (UK) »
Amanda,

I'm afraid there is no such thing as a death certificate before civil registration began in Scotland in 1855.  Prior to this, the best you can hope for as far as the parish register is concerned is a burial record for them.  However, it is unlikely to say who the parents were  :(  Having looked at the General Register Office for Scotland's list of old parish registers and the included dates, New Deer parish only seems to have the burials 1690-1700 and 1784-91 recorded.  The images are not online at ScotlandsPeople, nor are they indexed.

The only other alternative is to look at the Kirk Sessions records and see if there is any record of the mort cloth rent for either of the burials.

As far as dates of birth are concerned, have you looked for their baptisms on ScotlandsPeople?  The exact dates of birth may not be recorded.   :(

Nell
All census information: Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline UglyDuckling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 20 February 07 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Have you got the information off their gravestone in New Deer Cemetery?
It's listed at www.abdnet.co.uk/mi-index. Click on Kirkyard Index and then New Deer. You can order the MI booklet with the full inscription at www.anesfhs.org.uk for £2.25.

Cheers
Gary
Murray, Marshall, Baxter, Swan

Offline UglyDuckling

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 25 February 07 18:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi

I was passing through New Deer today and had a look in the old graveyard but couldn't find your stone. I suspect that it may be one of the ground level, horizontal type which are mostly very worn and moss covered, and consequently very hard to read.

Your best bet is the ANEFHS booklet I mentioned above. Their transcribers are meticulous and very skilled at reading the most illegible of inscriptions!

Cheers
Gary

Murray, Marshall, Baxter, Swan

Offline karanbil

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 02 March 07 09:59 GMT (UK) »
Hi Amanda
New Deer stone 154 states
To the memory of William Irvine who lived in Barrack d.22 Nov 1805 aged 64, of his children Jean & George Irvine d. in infancy. Barbara Ritcheston his spouse d. 14 Feb 1812 aged 81. Their son William Irvine d. Drum 4 Sept 1812 aged 40. also John Irven who lived in Barras d 27 Jan 1817 aged 49. William Irven his son d. 8 July 1812 aged 3

Hope this helps

Bill

Offline connor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 03 October 07 19:11 BST (UK) »
many thanks for all the info on the descendants , does nayone know how to find williams parenst and wether there is a link to the irvines of drum who helped robert the bruce???

Amanda
Wallbank(warwickshire),Heather(bucks),Perrin(Bucks),Plewis(Kent) Coutts(aberdeenshire),le couture kick(Wales,Jersey)

Offline connor

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 09 October 07 21:00 BST (UK) »
Were do I find the Kirk Sessions?

I have trie looking on the Scotlands people web site for both barbara and William but can only find there wedding, and there children.
I have joined the aberdeen society but with post strike will wait to hear.
Is the New Deer parish records on line any were?

Any help welcome
Amanda

Offline Richardj

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 29 November 07 15:41 GMT (UK) »
Amanda
I know this is a bit late.  The burial records for New Deer are indexed and are available at the ANESFHS Library in Aberdeen.

According to the New Deer grave digger records
William Irven was buried 16 December 1805 "under Petter Wisselie's lairston"
Barbara Richeston was buried 17 February 1812 "laid at the north side of Willm: Irvens lairston"
Both are buried in Lair 1001 - there may be others but that could only be checked at the Maud offices where the originals are kept.
Their son William was buried 7 Sept 1812 "laid at the south side of Willm: Irvens lairston" - this is lair 1002
Son John buried 30 Jan 1817 "laid under Willm: Irven's lairston"
The childrenn Jean and George are not in the grave digger records, but this is not unusual for infants.  William (8 July 1812) is also not listed.

Richard

Unfortunately, Petter Wisselie must have been buried in one of the gaps in the records, so I can't help you with him.
BARNWELL - Donagh, Monaghan; Kilmore, Monaghan; Newcastle upon Tyne; Seaton Delaval, Northumberland; Jarrow, County Durham: BOUTLAND - Bill Quay, Newcastle, Byker; IRONSIDE - Aberdeenshire; JOHNSON - Thornton le Moor, Darlington, Newcastle; JOHNSTON(E) - New Deer, Old Deer, Ellon; LEADBITTER - N Yorkshire, Newcastle; NESHAM/NEASHAM - Newcastle, Byker, North Shields, Monkwearmouth; MITCHELL - New Deer, New Pitsligo, Newcastle

Offline Soutie

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Monday 24 May 10 19:59 BST (UK) »
Hi All,

I came across this site while surfing the net.

Are you still looking for information?

My grandfather on my mother’s side was the last William Irvine of Mains of Drum. His father also William Irvine died while my grandfather was serving with the forces in WW2. His mother Helen Smith was forced to sell the farm due to the recession. My Grandfather is still alive and turns 90 this year. I have got quite a lot of family history from him and can ask him more questions when I see him in June.

Regards

Andrew