Author Topic: Mystery Jessie Woodchurch Holy Cross MI  (Read 3565 times)

Offline Marc_16

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mystery Jessie Woodchurch Holy Cross MI
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 22 February 07 18:56 GMT (UK) »
Hiya Sue.

I am going to cheshire archives tomorrow and I can look-up the burial for you if you want.

Marc
Herbert -Cheshire<br />Cottrell- Neston<br />Johnson- Woodchurch<br />Cheadle- Staffordshire to Wallasey to Canada.<br />Fazakerley- Ormskirk To Woodchurch<br />Lythgoe- Wirral- Usa<br />Smith- Woodchurch ( Barnston) Wirral, Cheshire.<br />Williams- Mold to Woodchurch<br />Turnbull- Liverpool<br />Shandley & Wilde- Ireland to Liverpool to Wirral
Sadler- Birkenhead/Wirral and Shropshire
Turner-Liverpool
Vernon-Birkenhead and Liverpool and lancashire

Offline Marc_16

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 22 February 07 19:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi again.

I have just realised that Cheshire Archives Only hold the burials up to 1913 aswell http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/chs/woodchurch.html ( website with all cheshire towns and parishes and where records are held)
Sorry about that.

Marc
Herbert -Cheshire<br />Cottrell- Neston<br />Johnson- Woodchurch<br />Cheadle- Staffordshire to Wallasey to Canada.<br />Fazakerley- Ormskirk To Woodchurch<br />Lythgoe- Wirral- Usa<br />Smith- Woodchurch ( Barnston) Wirral, Cheshire.<br />Williams- Mold to Woodchurch<br />Turnbull- Liverpool<br />Shandley & Wilde- Ireland to Liverpool to Wirral
Turner-Liverpool

Offline Sue in Aust

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 22 February 07 20:30 GMT (UK) »
Hi Marc

Thanks for your kind offer, what a shame they only hold burials up 1913  :'( .

Cheers
Sue  :)
Adams/ Evans/ Jackson/Rowland/Whaley/Howard/Carlisle/Bennett Wirral Cheshire, Wheeler/ Baker/Urry/Draper Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Cummings/Wilkinson London. Borland/Clarke Scotland. Roberts/Taylor Wales. Wilkinson, Merrott/Merritt or Merret Gloucester, Wilkinson Derbyshire.

Offline Marc_16

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 23 February 07 08:25 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue.

I hope you do find out who she is. I wonder where the records after 1913 are?

Good luck in your research.

Marc :)
Turner-Liverpool

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 23 February 07 11:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi All
For some reason unknown to me The Holy church has always been referred to even on websites.As Woodchurch Holy Cross,I often think this must be confusing as an address.Beacause it is actually Holy Cross Church in Pool Lane, in Woodchurch.I have never been in this church,one day i will visit to see the beautiful stained glass windows.
http://www.wirral8.f9.co.uk/wirral/woodchpics.htm

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 23 February 07 12:27 GMT (UK) »
It occurred to me that perhaps Jessie was a much loved pet, but 19 is rather old for a cat or a dog.  I couldn't think of any other reason for not having a surname on the gravestone unless, perhaps, she had been with the family since she was a child and no-one could remember her surname.

Liz

Offline Sue in Aust

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Saturday 24 February 07 02:58 GMT (UK) »
I think I have solved the mystery  ;D  ;D  ;D, all the evidence points to Jessie being Jessie Cranwell sister of Step G/Grandmother  Ada Cranwell.

I have found a death in 1917, Wirral for a Jessie Cranwell age 19 and a birth for a Jessie Cranwell 1897 Newark, Lincolnshire,Nottinghamshire.

My G/Grandfather William Adams second wife was Ada Cranwell  :). Ada was born in 1880 Marnham, Nottinghamshire, she appears in the 1901 census in Oxton,Cheshire employed as servant, in 1891 she appears with her parents and siblings in Marnham and in 1881 in Carlton Le Moor, Lincolnshire. IF   >:( I had taken the time to look for Ada's parents in 1901 I would have found Jessie Cranwell, age 3 with parents Thomas and Emma living in the village of Carlton Le Moors, Lincolnshire.

I am so pleased  ;D.  Ada died here in Australia in 1963, I have some wonderful memories of her and I like to think she would happy her sister is being thought of.

Celia ....  Like you I don't understand why Holy Cross is referred to a Woodchurch Holy Cross. I hope you do get to visit it as it is an interesting church and the stained glass windows are very beautiful.

Liz ... I also had considered a family pet! I can't imagine why Jessie's surname was not included on the inscription  ???.

Cheers to all
Sue  :)

Adams/ Evans/ Jackson/Rowland/Whaley/Howard/Carlisle/Bennett Wirral Cheshire, Wheeler/ Baker/Urry/Draper Hampshire & Isle of Wight, Cummings/Wilkinson London. Borland/Clarke Scotland. Roberts/Taylor Wales. Wilkinson, Merrott/Merritt or Merret Gloucester, Wilkinson Derbyshire.