Author Topic: Bradford on Avon - Who was Gezira SARTAIN?  (Read 2040 times)

Offline warrack

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bradford on Avon - Who was Gezira SARTAIN?
« on: Wednesday 07 March 07 10:55 GMT (UK) »
When my mother was alive she drew up a family tree as she knew it for my daughter. At that time I wasn't particularly interested in family history. Just before she died I became interested in genealogy and started researching.

According to my mother her grandmother on her mother's side was Gezira Sartain and her grandfather Louis Bush.

My research has shown that Louis Bush was married to Charlotte Austin on 11.09.1879, they had 7 children including my mother's mother and that Charlotte died in 1922 when my mother was 4 or 5.

So who was Gezira Sartain ?  This is her photo.

Austin, Bush, Carter, Hartnall, Hayward, Hodges, Knott, Scott, Woodman - Bradford on Avon area
Carpenter, Godsell, Gregory, Help, Hiscox, Jones,  Tucker, Wheeler - Bromham, Chippenham, Lacock, Melksham areas
Alexander, Bridle, Brown, Giddings, Jones, Newman Smith - Potterne, Wedhampton, Urchfont area
Hamon, Venement, Watton - Jersey
Cutts, Gleed, Leighfield, Livall, Mapson, Packer, Stevens - Purton, Wootton Bassett
Brown, Ferris, Gough, Hancock, Sartin - Christian Malford

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bradford on Avon - Who was Gezira Sartain?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 07 March 07 11:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi Warrack

I think you might have to approach this one slowly!  :)

Do you have any certificates so far?

Can you give a bit more detail about names & dates, even if just from the tree your mum drew?  What is the name of your grandmother?  Her birth cert would seem to be the obvious place to start.

When did Louis die?  Who registered the death?

Tell us what you know...

:)

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)