Author Topic: Prestige Families in N/Z  (Read 2114 times)

Offline mickmartindale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Prestige Families in N/Z
« on: Thursday 25 November 04 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Can anyone help me, I am Looking for family of Henry Prestige my GG,Grandfather who sailed from Adelaide to launceston, Tasmania on 25 March 1841. He was Originally from Kilsby, Northampton. That is where my G/Grandfather David & his brother Henry were born. I know he was a sheep farmer.

Offline trish251

• RootsChat Leaver
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige Families in N/Z
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 November 04 08:23 GMT (UK) »
I was a little unsure of the N/Z in your message as Tasmania is part of Australia. I've looked at the AVRI for Tasmania and there is no mention of a Henry Prestige
There are 2 Prestige marriages pre 1900
Ann 1852
Elizabeth 1897

The only births with this name -  1876 to 1896 were the children of
William Prestige and Mary Jane Hooper.
There is a Henry Prestidge died 1882 in WA - parents unknown.

The AVRI doesn't cover SA (Adelaide) so perhaps the births you are looking for occurred there.

Trish
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline mickmartindale

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Prestige Families in N/Z
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 28 November 04 19:31 GMT (UK) »
:)Hi Trish, thanks for the reply. That Henry might be My GG/Grandfather. I know he was there because a lady e-mailed me from N/Z and said that I was related to her. Her GGG/Grandfather was my GG/ Grandfathers brother. She never wrote back anymore. As I said in my mail Henry Sailed from Adelaide 25/03/1841.
I know he was a sheep farmer and owned a farm, but I don't know where. I know there are lots of Prestidges in N/Z is there any Land registry records that I could look through?. And can I access them on the net?.

Yours Mick