Author Topic: Geddis/Houston  (Read 614 times)

Offline Aussie Liz

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Geddis/Houston
« on: Saturday 10 March 07 04:48 GMT (UK) »
I am searching for information on my mother's parents. she was Ruth Geddis, b. 249 Mayo St. Belfast in 1915. a researcher found her mother Annie Geddis living there at the 1911 census, she was b.1896. Supposedly married Lewis Houston but ubable to find any record of this. They are both supposed to have died when Mum was a baby. She was reared by her grandparents as a Geddis & lived at some times in Bainbridge, Co.Down & Lisnaskea & Newtonbutler.Co. Fermanagh. I have been searching since Mum died in1998, she always claimed to know nothing of her parents. I would be so grateful if someone could point me in the right direction as paid researchers can find nothing.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Geddis/Houston
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 10 March 07 10:05 GMT (UK) »
Go to www.proni.gov.uk/ulstercovenantsearch.
Type in HOUSTON LEWIS in correct boxes- 2 Lewis Houstons both Ferndale, Belfast: South.
Then type in GEDDIS & 249 MAYO ST (address) and 6 come up: Annie, Maggie, Minnie, Thomas, John, Ernest. Annie Geddis signed Ulster Covenant at Broadway Presbyterian Church, possibly the church she would have attended. She must have gotten married after 1912.

P.S. welcome to Rootschat.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!