Author Topic: staffs lookup 1861 and or 1871 please  (Read 1157 times)

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
staffs lookup 1861 and or 1871 please
« on: Saturday 27 November 04 15:00 GMT (UK) »
i am looking  for 1861 and or 1871 staffs lookup, for JOHN WILSHAW  wife MARY WILSHAW  son GEORGE WILSHAW, who on the 1881 census, are as follows.     JOHN WILSHAW head   age 75, B, CHESTERTON STAFFS,       MARY WILSHAW wife age 74 B. WERRINGTON STAFFS.   GEORGE  WILSHAW son age  22 B.CAVERSWALL staffs.  {they seem rather old to have a 22 year old son}  on the 1881 census, they are living at   WILSHAW HOUSE  WOLSTANTON KNUTTON STAFFS, i think it should be knutton wolstanton,  but that is how it was written.  any help i wil be grateful for,  thanks  nora T
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley

Offline rutti tutti

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: staffs lookup 1861 and or 1871 please
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 27 November 04 18:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Nora,
I ahve battled to find these folk but am listing all the wilshaws with Knotton as the keyword. Please let me know if there are any of interest to you.
Ruth
Name Age in 1871 Birthplace Relationship Civil Parish County/Island . .

Daniel Thomas Wilshaw 9  Madeley, Staffordshire, England Son  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Elizabeth Wilshaw 22  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Wife  Wolstanton  Staffordshire   
Elizabeth Wilshaw 1  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Daughter  Wolstanton  Staffordshire   
Enoch Wilshaw 38  Audley, Staffordshire, England Head  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Hannah Wilshaw 7  Madeley, Staffordshire, England Daughter  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Joseph Wilshaw 4  Madeley, Staffordshire, England Son  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Martha Wilshaw 35  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Wife  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Martha Anne Wilshaw 2  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Daughter  Knutton  Staffordshire   
Mary Wilshaw 4  Newcastle, Staffordshire, England Daughter  Wolstanton  Staffordshire   
Sarah Wilshaw 3  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Daughter  Wolstanton  Staffordshire   
Thomas Wilshaw 24  Wolstanton, Staffordshire, England Head  Wolstanton  Staffordshire   
William Wilshaw 13  Madeley, Staffordshire, England Son  Knutton  Staffordshire   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline nora T

• RootsChat Senior
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Re: staffs lookup 1861 and or 1871 please
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 27 November 04 21:29 GMT (UK) »
oh!  ruth, you have really got me going on this, who fits?:  i think  knutton must be the key, and the fact that george wilshaw would have been 11 years old. so i will go with william wilshaw 13 madeley son knutton,  and thank you so much for your trouble, i am very grateful, it is more than kind of you , to do all this  for me,  thanks again. nora
i am researching the timmis family salop. staffs, and cheshire, also the culverwell family, congleton cheshire,and staffs.also jervis, jarvis, staffs and wales,also reece, staffs and dudley